Showing Collections: 41 - 50 of 50
This collection contains the manuscript of Richard David Present's book, Kinetic Theory of Gases, reprints of journal articles by Present and other physicists, and class notes from Physics classes taught by Present at the University of Tennessee.
This collection houses correspondence, notes, and reference material regarding information Rugh compiled for a textbook and articles about the effects of radiation on the development of mice and human embryos.
This collection consists of five series of materials donated to the university by Mr. Ronald L. Kathren, Health Physics and radiation protection specialist, and President of the Health Physics Society from 1989 to 1990.
This collection consists of Health Physics Society-related materials, materials related to the field of health physics in general, and radiation contamination research.
This collection contains two letters written in 1897 and some handwritten notes from Professor Silvanus Thompson. The letters are addressed to Professor Wilhelm Röntgen and largely concern Thompson's involvement with the Röntgen Society of London. The handwritten notes includes a timeline of various scientific events and discoveries.
This collection houses correspondence, financial information, and histories documenting the activities of the Texas Association for Radiation Research (TARR) between 1968 and 1986.
This collection contains three folders of correspondence, including policy and program recommendations, between the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission and the Medical Board of Review from 1947-1951.
This collection houses records of Warren K. Sinclair's experiments on the effects of radiation on mammalian cells and tissues. All of these tests were conducted at the Argonne National Laboratory.
- Radiobiology. 15
- Radiobiology -- Research. 9
- Photobiology. 5
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory -- History. 3
- Atomic bomb -- United States -- History. 2
- Cancer -- Radiotherapy. 2
- Chemistry -- Research. 2
- Medical physics. 2
- Nuclear energy 2
- Photobiology -- Congresses. 2
- Anemia. 1
- Atomic bomb -- Japan -- Hiroshima-shi. 1
- Biologists -- Pictorial works. 1
- Center for Devices and Radiological Health (U. S.) 1
- Chemists -- Pictorial works. 1
- Dairying -- Study and teaching. 1
- Dermatology, Experimental. 1
- Erythropoiesis. 1
- Hanford Site (Wash.) -- History. 1
- Hematopoiesis. 1
- Kinetic theory of gases. 1
- Mammals -- Embryology. 1
- Nuclear facilities -- Washington (State) -- Richland -- History. 1
- Nuclear industry -- Standards. 1
- Nuclear medicine. 1
- Nuclear physicists -- Great Britain. 1
- Nuclear weapons -- Design and construction. 1
- Nuclear weapons -- Moral and ethical aspects. 1
- Photobiology -- Periodicals. 1
- Physicists -- Pictorial works. 1
- Physics -- Study and teaching. 1
- Plutonium -- Safety measures. 1
- Radiation -- History. 1
- Radiotherapy -- Safety measures. 1
- Space biology -- Research. 1
- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1
- X-rays 1
- Zoology, Experimental. 1 ∧ less