Showing Collections: 21 - 29 of 29
Robert Walton of the Board of Aid to Land Ownership wrote this letter to Rugby's town Judge, D. K. Young, on May 13, 1886. The letter is written on official Board of Aid stationery and reads in part, "I desire to express to my thanks for your kindness in having me appointed to join the Knoxville delegation to go to Cincinnati in the interest of the proposed R. R."
This collection contains one letter written by Samuel Tate to an associate by the last name Gill about the Memphis and Charleston Railroad.
The Smoky Mountain Railroad Collection includes correspondence, financial records, bank statements, payroll reports, agents' reports and profit and loss statements. There are also two ledgers for 1909-1912 and 1925, a record book for 1926, and a cash book for 1944-1945.
This collection contains material relating to the Tennessee Central Railroad, particularly subject files consisting of annual reports and a compilation of correspondence between the auditor for Tennessee Central Railroad and the Statistics Bureau of the Interstate Commerce Commission.
This collection consists of two ledgers entitled Time Roll and Material Book Distribution of Labor and Report of Material.
This collection consists of 46 photographs of train depots across Tennessee. With one exception, each image is identified by place and time, and a few have the photographer name on the back. The photograph of Spring City, taken by P. M. Darnell on June 6, 1964, also includes a note reading "Old-fashioned train robbery held - also, all train passengers fed free meal." Other identified photographers include Tom Sink, Warren Calloway, James L. Paty, and Fran Goodyear.
This thin board album contains letters and reports documenting a proposal to acquire the Nashville Interurban Railway and the Middle Tennessee Railroad for the purposes of extending rail lines and providing electricity to the area surrounding Columbia, Franklin, Mt. Pleasant, Gordonsburg, and Wales, Tennessee. Among the subjects covered are the estimated cost of construction and the estimated profits based on surveys of population, production, and other resources in the area.
This collection contains 56 photographs of trains and trolleys from around Tennessee from 1900-1961 (bulk 1938-1942). The pictures are alphabetized by city. W. H. Thrall, from the collection of Frank E. Ardrey, Jr., took many of them. A number are stamped George E. Votava.
- Railroads -- Tennessee. 16
- Railroads -- Tennessee -- History -- 19th century. 8
- Railroads -- Tennessee -- History. 5
- Coal mines and mining -- Tennessee. 2
- Railroads -- Georgia -- History -- 19th century. 2
- Railroads -- Kentucky. 2
- Railroads -- Mississippi. 2
- Railroads -- Virginia -- History -- 19th century. 2
- United States. Interstate Commerce Commission. 2
- Agriculture -- Tennessee -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Business -- Tennessee. 1
- Chattanooga (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Cholera -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- Christian life -- United States. 1
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 1
- Indians of North America -- Relocation. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Commerce. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Lookout Mountain (Appalachian Mountains) -- Pictorial works. 1
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- New Market (Tenn.) 1
- Oil wells -- Tennessee -- Overton County. 1
- Railroad stations -- Tennessee. 1
- Railroad trains -- Pictorial works. 1
- Railroads 1
- Railroads -- Employees. 1
- Railroads -- Finance -- United States. 1
- Railroads -- Illinois. 1
- Railroads -- Ohio. 1
- Railroads -- Southern States. 1
- Railroads -- United States. 1
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Tennessee. 1
- Rugby (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Rural electrification -- Tennessee. 1
- Shelbyville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Slavery -- Tennessee 1
- Street-railroads -- Tennessee. 1
- Tennessee -- Pictorial works. 1
- Texas -- History -- Revolution, 1835-1836. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Engineering and construction. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States. Army of the Cumberland. 1 ∧ less