Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 306
Angus Orr Medal and Report Card
This collection houses an 1885 report card for Angus E. Orr and an 1887 Medal of the Editor of the Chi Delta Literary Society.
Arthur Seymour Scrapbooks
This collection houses two scrapbooks compiled by Arthur G. Seymour documenting his time at the University of Tennessee. They include articles and mementos from University events, Kappa Sigma membership, and the many activities and honors of Seymour himself.
Barbara Blount Research
This collection houses Neal O'Steen's research into Barbara Blount, including articles from the Tennessee Alumnus and handwritten notes.
Bet Fryer Collection of University Memorabilia
This collection is composed primarily of memorabilia documenting Bet Fryer's time at the University of Tennessee, including newspaper clippings, programs, brochures, certificates, trophies, and a cap.
Bill Clinton Letter
In this letter, President Bill Clinton congratulates the University of Tennessee on its two-hundredth anniversary. He writes that education at such colleges as Tennessee is the key to our future and expresses his best wishes for a memorable celebration.
Black Students’ Union Orientation Handbook
This collection houses an orientation handbook for black students issued by the Black Students' Union in 1969. It includes an introduction to the Black Students’ Union, statements from the organization's President, information about academics and social life, and photos of People to Know, including admissions counselors, faculty, and athletes.
Blount College Tuition Receipt
This collection houses a receipt showing that William Clay paid Blount College eight dollars of tuition for his son, Clement Clay, on May 6, 1805. This document has the distinction of being the oldest known item in the University of Tennessee Archives.
Building Dedication Records
This collection houses planning information and schedules documenting building dedications and ceremonies on the University of Tennessee campus.
Bursar and Registrar Business Records
This collection houses approximately 16,500 bills, orders, receipts, and contracts documenting the University of Tennessee between 1893 and 1912. Among the subjects represented are the University Boarding Club (1897-1900), Knoxville College (1897-1898), and the Library (1893-1910). Also included are contracts made between the University and various fraternities for boarding in the fraternity houses.
Bursar and Registrar Records and Reports
Business Manager Records
This collection consists primarily of contracts made between the University of Tennessee and such organizations as the V. L. Nicholson Construction Company, the U.S. Government, and the Tennessee Valley Authority. These documents are arranged alphabetically by company. Also included are bonds and leases (arranged alphabetically by company) and campus building specifications (arranged alphabetically by building).
By-Laws of the Board of Trustees
This collection includes single pamphlet entitled The By-Laws of the Board of Trustees, as adopted on January 22, 1920. It includes rules, procedures, meetings, voting policies, committees, and duties of the trustees.
C. B. Alexander Collection
This collection houses materials collected by University of Tennessee student Cyrus B. Alexander. These items include an Athletic Association ticket for intercollegiate games during the 1919-1920 season, a tuition receipt for the second term of 1918-1919, a pamphlet for the Summer School of the South's Manual Training and Mechanical Drawing program, and a newsletter from Charles Ferris, Dean of Engineering, dated July 12, 1921.
This collection houses newsletters published on the University of Tennessee campus (including the Law School's Taylor Times, the Medical Center's Monitor, and alumni newsletters) and correspondence documenting their content and development.
This collection houses the program for the May 1958 Carnicus entitled Ye 1958 Carnicus or Much Ado About Nothing. Among the skits performed were parodies of Peyton Place and Dwight and Mamie Eisenhower.
Center for Business and Economic Research Annual Report
This collection houses the 1973-74 Annual Report of Research and Service Activities issued by the Center for Business and Economic Research on the University of Tennessee campus. It includes background and objectives, descriptions of studies conducted, and notes on funding.
Center for Textile Materials Research Proposal and Correspondence
This collection houses a proposal and supporting correspondence advocating the designation of UT’s Center for Textile Materials Research as a campus Center of Excellence.
Center for the Study of War and Society Administrative Files
Chancellor Search Committee Report
This report, produced by the advisory search committee participating in the search for a Chancellor, includes short biographies of committee members, notes from meetings, schedules of interviews, and other information.
Chancellor’s Campus Newsletters
This collection houses biweekly newsletters published by the University of Tennessee's Office of the Chancellor. These publications discuss educational funding, university policies, international initiatives, and other campus news. During the time period represented here (1975-1984), Jack Reese was serving as the University's Chancellor.
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 303
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 192
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 77
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 9
- Greek letter societies -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 8
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team). 8
- Education, Higher -- Administration. 7
- African American college students -- Tennessee. 6
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 6
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 6
- Universities and colleges -- Social aspects. 6
- Women college students -- Tennessee. 6
- Architecture -- Study and teaching. 5
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 5
- History -- Study and teaching. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Honors courses. 4
- Agriculture -- Study and teaching. 3
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 3
- College student newspapers and periodicals. 3
- College students -- Tennessee. 3
- College teachers -- Tennessee. 3
- Commencement ceremonies -- United States. 3
- Debates and debating -- Tennessee. 3
- Education -- Study and teaching. 3
- Education -- Tennessee. 3
- Music -- Instruction and study. 3
- Universities and colleges -- Evaluation. 3
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee -- Finance. 3
- African American teachers. 2
- African Americans -- Education. 2
- College students. 2
- Counseling -- Study and teaching. 2
- Dairying -- Study and teaching. 2
- Education, Higher -- Social aspects. 2
- Information science -- Study and teaching. 2
- Journalism -- Study and teaching. 2
- Professional development. 2
- Race relations -- Tennessee. 2
- Segregation in education -- Tennessee. 2
- State universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 2
- Universities and colleges -- Public relations. 2
- Universities and colleges -- Societies, etc. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Funds and scholarships. 2
- World War, 1939-1945. 2
- 4-H clubs -- Tennessee. 1
- Advertising -- Study and teaching. 1
- Affirmative action programs -- Tennessee. 1
- Affirmative action programs in education -- Tennessee. 1
- American Revolution Bicentennial, 1976 -- Tennessee. 1
- American poetry -- Tennessee. 1
- Architecture -- Poland. 1
- Art -- Study and teaching. 1
- Autograph albums. 1
- Botanical illustration. 1
- Business education -- Tennessee. 1
- Chemistry -- Study and teaching. 1
- Civil rights -- Tennessee. 1
- Collective bargaining -- College employees. 1
- College buildings -- Tennessee. 1
- College presidents -- Selection and appointment. 1
- College radio stations. 1
- College student government. 1
- College students' writings, American -- Tennessee. 1
- College teachers -- United States -- Rating of. 1
- College theater -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- College verse, American -- Tennessee. 1
- Corporations -- Charitable contributions -- Tennessee. 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Counseling in higher education -- Tennessee. 1
- Discrimination in higher education -- United States. 1
- Dogwood Arts Festival (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1
- Economics -- Study and teaching. 1
- Education -- Louisiana. 1
- Educational psychology -- Study and teaching. 1
- Endowments -- Tennessee. 1
- Fort Sanders, Battle of, Knoxville, Tenn., 1863. 1
- Franklin County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Graduation (School). 1
- Grainger County (Tenn.) 1
- Graphic arts -- Study and teaching. 1
- Hancock County (Tenn.) 1
- High schools -- Tennessee. 1
- Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration. 1
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Congresses. 1
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945), and the arts. 1
- Interdisciplinary approach in education -- Tennessee. 1
- Jackson (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Jews -- Study and teaching. 1
- Kingsport (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Social life and customs. 1
- Labor unions -- Tennessee. 1
- Lady Volunteers (Basketball team). 1
- Land grants -- Tennessee. 1
- Lane College -- History. 1
- Law schools -- Tennessee. 1
- Lebanon (Tenn.) 1
- Letters. 1
- Library education -- United States. 1 ∧ less