Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 20
Adam Huntsman Broadside
Andrew Johnson President's Message
C.D. Elliott Broadside
In this three-column broadside, Collins D. Elliott responds to criticisms about his role in the Nashville Female Academy by providing his spiritual autobiography and his views on religion and children.
Clarksville Chronicle Broadside
East Tennessee Confederate Broadside
This collection contains an unrecorded Confederate Tennessee broadside. It is an important announcement of a meeting of Union sympathizers to be held in Greenville. This meeting was held on June 17, 1861.
Franklin Repository Campaign Broadside
Gordon Aronhime Collection
This collection contains correspondence, musical handbills and programs in American and German, and a European Autograph Album belonging to the Hodgson Family containing famous European composers, politicians, and writers.
H.F. Cummins Broadside
H.F. Cummins published this four-column broadside from Paris, Tennessee in order to share his political goals, should he be elected to the state legislature.
Lieutenant General Leonidas Polk Broadside
Lieutenant General Leonidas Polk wrote this broadside, entitled A Proclamation. To All Soldiers, in This Department Absent from Their Commands Without Leave, from his headquarters in Demopolis, Alabama on April 16, 1864. In it, he offers to pardon soldiers who have deserted if they return to their commands.
McMinnville Laws of the Corporation
This broadside presents the twenty six sections of the law code for the town of McMinnville, Tennessee. It is signed in type by John Pickett, Mayor and is certified by W.H. Walling, Recorder. The laws address issues such as disorderly conduct, religious meetings, prostitution, and public intoxication. The last several sections cover the duties and payment for several officers of law.
National Union Executive Committee Broadside
This broadside recommends voting for Andrew Johnson as vice president on the basis of his patriotism and loyalty to the Union. It first lays out the record of his opponent, George H. Pendleton, with all of his votes and speeches against the Union. It then describes Johnson and gives excerpts of several of his speeches, each supporting the government and accusing rebels of treason. It concludes with a final call to choose between these two!!
Republican Party Broadside
Robert Bell Book Auction Facsimile
This facsimile reproduces a circular from the 18th century bookseller Robert Bell. The front of the advertisement announces his arrival from Philadelphia and a list of 37 books with their estimated prices. The back offers several quotes about learning and books from various sources including Cicero, Bacon, and the Bible.
Robert C. Winthrop Speech
Tennessee State Guard Broadside
This small leaflet responds to citizen concerns by assuring them that the State Guard will in no way molest law abiding citizens.
William Carroll Broadside
William Daniel Woodson Broadside
This broadside explains why William Woodson is running as a candidate for court clerk in Henry County, Tennessee. His message is that offices shouldn’t be held by the same person for many years because turnover is important to the morale of young people who should be able to aspire to a term in government themselves.
William Foust Campaign Broadside
In this broadside, William Foust explains why he didn’t attend the political convention as part of his campaign for the Tennessee House of Representatives.
William G. Swan Broadside
William G. Swan published this broadside to assure voters that he was a candidate for the Second Judicial Circuit. He was not able to actively campaign because he had been home with his dying brother, and he couldn’t announce in the local political papers because he wasn’t friends with either editor, hence this broadside.
William M. Churchwell Political Circular
This circular is addressed to the voters of the second congressional district of Tennessee in order to announce Churchwell's candidacy for reelection to the U.S. House of Representatives, running against Horace Maynard.
- Subject: Broadsides X
- Broadsides 19
- Henry County (Tenn.) -- Politics and government. 3
- Madison County (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Alabama -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Autograph albums -- Europe. 1
- Autographs. 1
- Booksellers and bookselling 1
- Boston (Mass.) -- History. 1
- Broadsides -- Germany. 1
- Carroll County (Tenn.) 1
- Confederate States of America. 1
- Fort Sumter (Charleston, S.C.) 1
- Franklin (Tenn.) -- History 1
- Franklin County (Pa.) 1
- Gibson County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Handbills -- 1950-1960. 1
- Henry County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Politics and government. 1
- Law -- Codification. 1
- McMinnville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Mississippi -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Murfreesboro (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Nashville Female Academy 1
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Tennessee. 1
- Republican Party (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1861-1865. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1951-. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- To 1865. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Desertions. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1789-1797. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1829-1837. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1849-1877. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1857-1861. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1861-1865. 1
- Wall Newspapers. 1 ∧ less