Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
This collection consists of four agricultural ledgers and two time books. The six volumes in this collection contain several entries, which extend from the years of 1858 to 1890.
In this letter to John Lellyett, Treasury Agent Benjamin Dufield reports that Federal troops have been confiscating cotton without orders from the Treasury Department even though the region they are working in is not pro-Confederate. Dufield also expresses his hope that higher officials will take action to correct the problem.
This collection houses nine handwritten letters dating between 1846 and 1854 pertaining to Hope Factory in Lawrence County, Tennessee.
This collection contains various research on cotton including trading rules, index cards, photocopies, fairly organized research files and additional papers.
This collection consists of material relating to the Rhea family of Sullivan County, Tennessee and covers the time period 1807-1931. Contained within the collection are Civil War-era records, John Rhea's financial transactions, Sons of Temperance financial transactions, material on Samuel Rhea's missionary trips to Persia, and John Rhea's correspondence. Also are included are Rhea genealogical material and various church records.
This collection consists of a ledger kept for the Rockdale Cotton Factory in Lewis County, Tennessee, kept during the year 1852 for expenses such as cloth and thread. There is also a balance sheet for payments to A. H. Buckner at the factory for expenses such as flour and bush meal. The collection also features four photographs of the McAnally family's farm house in Maury County, Tennessee.
This collection contains a letter from William G. Parson Brownlow, dated June 15, 1863, to Colonel Truesdail, Chief of Army Police. Brownlow, then serving as an Assistant Special Agent for the Treasury Department, discusses the trade of cotton and the seizure of nine casks of Bacon belonging to an Alabama Rebel.
- Subject: Cotton. X
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 4
- Cotton -- United States. 2
- Cotton trade -- Southern States -- History -- 19th century. 2
- United States. Dept. of the Treasury. 2
- Account books. 1
- Agricultural processing. 1
- Agriculture -- United States -- Management. 1
- Blount County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Cotton -- Research. 1
- Cotton gins and ginning -- United States. 1
- Cotton textiles -- United States. 1
- Cotton trade -- Confederate States of America. 1
- Cotton. 1
- Cottonseed -- Southern States -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Cottonseed -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century. 1
- Cottonseed -- United States. 1
- Cottonseed oil -- Southern States -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Cottonseed oil -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century. 1
- Cottonseed oil mills. 1
- Factory management -- United States. 1
- Land grants -- Tennessee. 1
- Lawrence County (Tenn.) 1
- Mills and mill-work -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Missionaries, American. 1
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Sullivan County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Claims. 1
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 1
- United States -- History -- War of 1812. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 1 ∧ less