Showing Collections: 21 - 31 of 31
Levi Hewhitt and William Hunt Petition to the Confederate Court of Tennessee
This collection consists of a legal petition for a Writ of Habeas Corpus for two men, Levi Hewhitt and William Hunt, written on December 8, 1861 in Davidson County, Tenn., to The Honorable West H. Humphreys, a Confederate court judge.
Lincoln County (Tenn.) County Court Docket
This collection contains the county court docket from 1866 to 1936 for Lincoln County, Tennessee.
Luke Lea Receipt
This receipt, dated February 20, 1847, records that Luke Lea paid $52.78 to John Swan to settle the findings of a case heard by the Supreme Court in Knoxville, Tenn., on October 12, 1846.
Madison County (Tenn.) Chancery Court Proceedings
Robert L. Taylor Notebook
This collection consists of legal case summaries handwritten by Robert L. Taylor of Nashville. Dates of the cases range from 1819-1906. Topics covered include misdemeanors, contracts, and torts.
Samuel Newel Summons
This handwritten document summons Samuel Newel to appear at the Knoxville Courthouse to testify on his possession of any of the estate of Solomon Marks.
Tennessee Superior Court (Hamilton District) Warrant for the Arrest of Stephen Duncan
This warrant instructs the Sheriff of Knox County to arrest Stephen Duncan and hold him until the court's next session when he will be called upon to give testimony. Duncan, who had been charged with forgery, was acquitted on April 18, 1794.
Thomas Humes' Court Summons
This collection contains one Knox County court summons for the Union Bank president, Thomas William Humes, to answer a Bill in Equity, filed against him by John Caniger, Sr.
Union County Court Records
This collection contains legal documents and magistrate dockets of Union County, Tennessee, dated from June 22, 1838 – January 7, 1904. Contained therein is a collection of legal papers, mostly warrants but also notes, bonds, receipts, letters, IOUs, checks and ledgers from Union County. Also included are two separate magistrate dockets that contain names of cases, court fees, and general remarks.
U.S. District Court (Tenn.) Docket Books
This collection includes docket sheets from the United States Circuit Court from 1864 to 1869. The docket sheets are from the East Tennessee District. It includes the name of the case, services, by whom, and remarks of the case.
William R. Caswell Account Book
This account book houses the records of Dandridge attorney and merchant William Caswell. Of particular interest are the docket of the 12th Judicial Circuit (1843 to 1854), slave records, estate inventories, and personal accounts.
- Subject: Court records -- Tennessee. X
- Court records -- Tennessee -- Knox County. 14
- County courts -- Tennessee. 12
- Court records -- Tennessee. 10
- Legal instruments -- Tennessee. 6
- Knox County (Tenn.). 5
- Legal documents -- Tennessee. 4
- Legal documents -- United States. 4
- Court records -- Tennessee -- Davidson County. 3
- Courts -- Tennessee -- History. 3
- Davidson County (Tenn.) -- History. 3
- Courts -- United States. 2
- Slavery -- Tennessee 2
- Trials -- Tennessee. 2
- Carroll County (Tenn.) 1
- Court records -- North Carolina. 1
- Court records -- Tennessee -- Hamilton County. 1
- Court records -- Tennessee -- Jefferson County. 1
- Court records -- Tennessee -- Madison County. 1
- Court records -- Tennessee -- Rhea County. 1
- Court records -- Tennessee -- Stewart County. 1
- Court records -- United States. 1
- Dandridge (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Debt. 1
- Deeds 1
- Fayetteville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Greene County (Tenn.) 1
- Jonesborough (Tenn.) 1
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- Politics and government. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Land grants -- Tennessee. 1
- Land tenure -- Tennessee. 1
- Landowners -- Tennessee. 1
- Law -- Tennessee. 1
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 1
- Legal instruments -- United States. 1
- Lincoln County (Tenn.) 1
- Liquidation -- cases. 1
- Madison County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Marriage records -- Tennessee -- Rhea County. 1
- Rhea County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Slave trade -- Tennessee. 1
- United States. District Court (Tennessee : Eastern District) 1
- Verdicts 1
- Washington County (Tenn.) 1
- Washington County (Tenn.) -- History. 1 ∧ less