Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Academic Advising Newsletter
This collection houses a 1977 newsletter for academic advisors at the University of Tennessee. It includes information about program name changes, changes in education law requirements, and changes in deans and other administrative personnel.
Andrew Holt Papers
This collection houses publications, drafts, official papers, correspondence, photographs, newspaper clippings, and other materials documenting Andrew Holt's military service, tenure as President of the National Education Association, and term as President of the University of Tennessee. Issues Holt dealt with at U.T. include academic freedom, athletics, integration, U.T. Martin, student life, and finances.
Army Air Forces 63rd College Training Detachment Records
Benjamin O. Duggan Papers
B.O. Duggan's papers are drawn from his files of reports and letters concerning education in Tennessee, which he kept while he was a professor at the University and a Commissioner of Education for the state. Items of particular interest include Duggan's Personal File as Commissioner, his education scrapbook (which contains articles about Tennessee education), and bound quarterly reports. Collection consists of three boxes divided into three series: Subject File, Scrapbooks, and Reports.
C. E. Wylie Papers
This collection consists primarily of letters to and from Charles Wylie, including invitations to speak or write, requests for information about the department or the field of dairying, Wylie's attempt to secure a foreign appointment, and department business. Also included is information about the field of dairying, requirements for publications, reports, statistics, and other materials.
Chancellor Beverly J. Davenport Collection
B Training Detachment Photograph
This framed photograph shows the Company B Training Detachment from the University of Tennessee in formation on the grounds of Chilhowee Park in Knoxville, Tennessee. A note in the lower right hand corner reads Thompson Photo 4 Knoxville.
Military Department Records
These twenty bound volumes document the activities of the University of Tennessee's Military Department between 1871 and 1903.
Military Department Records
This collection houses morning reports, absence reports, accounts of military offences, notes, grade books, and other materials documenting the University of Tennessee's Military Department between 1889 and 1917.
University Studies Collection
This collection houses materials documenting the first few years of the University Studies Program, an interdisciplinary collection of activities designed to provide a broad view of science, social science, and humanities. Materials include a timeline showing the establishment of the program, a 1986 program review, budget materials, and catalog entries.
UT Student Army Training Corps Pamphlet
This collection contains a pamphlet created in 1918 for the vocational section of the University of Tennessee Student Army Training Corps.
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 7
- Military education -- Tennessee. 5
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 3
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 2
- Aeronautics -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- United States. 1
- Agricultural education -- Tennessee. 1
- Agriculture -- Tennessee. 1
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 1
- Counseling in higher education -- Tennessee. 1
- Dairy products industry -- United States. 1
- Dairying -- Study and teaching. 1
- Education -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Education -- Tennessee. 1
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 1
- Interdisciplinary approach in education -- Tennessee. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 1
- United States. Army. Reserve Officers' Training Corps. 1
- Women -- Education -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1 ∧ less