Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Charles G. Neese Papers
This collection contains the papers of Judge Charles G. Neese of the Eastern District of Tennessee.
Artificial collection of ephemera items related to the history of Knoxville, Tennessee, the Great Smoky Mountains, and more.
Essay on H. Clay Evans' 1894 Run for Governor of Tennessee
This collection contains one short essay on H. Clay Evans' run for governor of Tennessee in 1894. It mentions his opponent Walter Brownlow and Evans' asking that soldiers from the Civil War not be allowed to vote in the election for the Republican nomination.
Jefferson Cate Rejected Ballot
This collection contains the rejected ballot of Jefferson Cate for General Election in the 5th Civil District of Jefferson County, Tenn., and is signed by J. C. Turnley on May 27, 1869.
John M. Lea Letter
This collection consists of a letter from John M. Lea to William G. Brownlow, Governor of Tennessee. Lea briefly introduces his recommendation of H. G. Smith as Judge of the Supreme Court and refers Brownlow to a full letter of recommendation originally enclosed with this letter.
S. P. Solomonson Photograph
This collection houses a photograph taken by S. P. Solomonson in Fayetteville, Tennessee on May 1, 1908. The photograph, which depicts a crowd in what may be a campaign rally, documents the Democratic gubernatorial primary between Malcolm Rice Patterson and Edward Ward Carmack.
Sue K. Hicks Papers
This collection houses election records, judge's forms, and other items documenting the career of Judge Sue Kerr Hicks.
Tennessee Elections of 1966 Campaign Literature
This collection houses campaign literature documenting 14 politicians who ran for office in Tennessee in 1966.
Tennessee Gubernatorial Election Result Summaries
These summaries document the county-level results of the Tennessee gubernatorial elections held between August 1799 and August 1825.
Tennessee Representatives to the U. S. House Election Summaries
Tennessee Socialist Party Platform
This small leaflet lists reasons for workers to join the Socialist Party. The bottom of the second page lists the national and state candidates for the 1932 election, including John H. Compton for governor of Tennessee.
The Congressional Canvass
Union League of America Circular
This circular was distributed before the Tennessee gubernatorial election of 1868 in order to explain why the Conservative Party of Tennessee and their candidate, Emerson Etheridge, should be neither elected nor believed.
William H. Polk Letter
This collection consists of a single letter written by William H. Polk on 17 May 1843 regarding the prospects of his party in the upcoming election. The letter, which is marked private, was written from Columbia. In it, Polk discusses the results of canvassing in Western and Middle Tennessee. He predicts that his party will gain three to seven members in the Legislature in the western counties and surpass the Whig Party in Middle Tennessee.
Winfield Dunn Autobiography Manuscripts
This manuscript describes the political life of former Governor of Tennessee Winfield C. Dunn. The bulk of the text deals with the 1970 Republican Gubernatorial Primary and the subsequent Gubernatorial race in the State of Tennessee.
- Subject: Elections -- Tennessee. X
- Elections -- Tennessee. 12
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 4
- Elections -- Tennessee -- History. 3
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Tennessee -- Politics and government. 2
- African Americans -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Banks and banking -- History. 1
- Banks and banking -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Governors -- Election -- Tennessee. 1
- Governors -- Tennessee. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Guidebooks. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Maps. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Guidebooks. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Maps. 1
- Greeneville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Invitation cards 1
- Jefferson County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Johnson, Andrew, 1808-1875 1
- Jonesborough (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Lexington (Ky.) -- History. 1
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- History. 1
- Railroads -- Illinois. 1
- Railroads -- Southern States. 1
- Rutherford County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Scopes, John Thomas. 1
- Shelby County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1951-. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 1
- Whig Party (Tenn.). 1 ∧ less