Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
This collection contains various letters between Alwin Thaler and other scholars regarding the study of Shakespeare and his works.
This reference, handwritten on The Herald and Mail letterhead, vouches for the character and reputation of Mr. Ned Carmack. It is signed by A.S. Horsley.
This collection features letters written by soldiers to family and friends in Tennessee during World War II.
The collection consists of letter correspondence between Cormac McCarthy and fellow writer John Fergus Ryan between the years of 1975 to 1986. The writers discussed their daily life, successes, and disappointments.
This collection consists of 228 pages of typed transcription from Elizabeth Britton to her mother. In each of the letters she discusses family travels and day-to-day events. Elizabeth's husband, Randall of the U. S. Air Force, was stationed in New York City and Mildenhall, England.
This collection consists of three letters written from the years 1917-1918 by University of Tennessee professor of English, Dr. J. Douglas Bruce. All three letters are directed to Dr. Albert C. Baugh, a renowned English professor at the University of Pennsylvania. In the letters, Dr. Bruce discusses his work as well as Dr. Baugh's work in the field of English Literature.
This collection contains letters and ephemera from John E. Williams, an administrative assistant posted all over Europe during World War II from 1943 to 1946. It also contains material from Williams' time in basic training at Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia, along with biographical documents from 1985.
The collection consists of personal papers, correspondence, pencil drawings and oversized newspapers created or collected by Mildred McPherson and her family between the years 1899 to 1988.
- Subject: Letters. X
- Letters. 7
- Correspondence. 2
- American letters. 1
- Anglo-Saxons in literature. 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence. 1
- Authors, American -- Tennessee. 1
- College student newspapers and periodicals. 1
- Columbia (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- English teachers -- United States. 1
- High schools -- Tennessee. 1
- Literature and history -- United States. 1
- Mildenhall (Suffolk, England). 1
- State universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Students. 1
- Women college students -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 1 ∧ less