Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
This collection contains one tape of a recording of Albert Johnson's account on events that transpired at Midway Baptist Church in east Loudon County, Tennessee in the late 1940s and how those events affected the rest of the community.
This collection consists of nine letters and two printed bridge diagrams on silk regarding the rebuilding of the burned bridge crossing the Tennessee River at Loudon, Tennessee during the United States Civil War. In addition, the collection also contains two other Civil War era letters.
Personal correspondence between Union soldier Alexander B. Richards and his sister, Emaline Butcher of Murphysboro, Illinois, dated February 14, 1864. He details the Battle of Knoxville and Fort Sanders (Tenn.) which took place on November 29, 1863 and his trek from Chattanooga with H Co. Illinois 27th Infantry.
This collection contains information in the form of magazine and newspaper articles, correspondence, court proceedings, congressional records and other materials concerning the lengthy battle between the Tennessee Endangered Species Committee and the Tennessee Valley Authority over the building of the Tellico Dam and the dam's threat to various elements of the local environment, particularly an endangered species of fish, the Snail Darter.
- Subject: Loudon County (Tenn.) X
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 2
- Baptists -- Tennessee. 1
- Bridges -- Design and construction. 1
- Endangered species -- Tennessee River Region. 1
- Fort Sanders, Battle of, Knoxville, Tenn., 1863. 1
- Loudon (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Snail darter 1
- Soldiers -- Illinois -- Correspondence. 1
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 1
- Tellico Dam (Tenn.) -- Environmental aspects. 1
- Tennessee -- Church history. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- Tennessee, East -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Tennessee, East. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Women. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1 ∧ less