Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Donated by Dr. Alan S. Heilman himself, this postcard collection documents thirty years of friendly correspondence between academic acquaintances. These botanical photographic postcards provide brief insight to his time as a professor at the University of Tennessee from 1980 to 1997, sampling his continued passion for botanical photography in his retirement through the year 2009.
The collection consists of several hundred postcards from the early 20th century depicting various locations, people, and landscapes from Germany, Holland, Turkey, Greece, Switzerland, Belgium, and England.
The collection consists of 19 postcards depicting the Great Smoky Mountains. The postcards were mailed to the family and friends of the Bogart family during the early 20th century.
This collection includes three postcards depicting places in East Tennessee. The first, used in 1909, depicts a photograph of a hotel in Lea's Springs and was printed by Earle Harrison on Knoxville. The second, used in 1911, depicts a drawing of Knoxville in 1793. The third, used in 1912, depicts coke ovens in Lafollette. Each postcard has been used and includes a message on the back side of the postcard.
This collection contains various postcards of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and several negatives of the photographs that were printed on to them. There is also a miniature book containing pictures used on the postcards and a box that has miniature pictures in it as well. Also contained in the collection is sheet music contained in a large, thin book and several pricing manuals on graphic masks.
This collection contains correspondence from Cormac McCarthy written to his friend James "Jim" Long in Knoxville, TN. Also includes a photograph of the two, and an inscribed first edition of McCarthy's novel Suttree.
The collection consists of 100 postcards depicting various locations and buildings in Knoxville, Tennessee from the early 1900s.
This collection contains images (primarily postcard views) of 135 Tennessee cities. It is particularly rich in images of Knoxville, documenting the city and its history through pictures of airports, individual buildings, maps, vistas, people, vehicles, the Tennessee River, street scenes, and the 1982 World's Fair.
This collection contains a postcard published by Knoxville-based Standard News Co., titled "Areoplane view, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.--49". The aerial view shows the Hill circa the 1930s.
This consists of postcards that shows various locations and landmarks around Knoxville such as the Andrew Johnson Hotel, the Knoxville Courthouse, Fountain City Lake, and the University of Tennessee. The dates of the postcards range from around 1908 to 2013, with some of them being blank and others having writing and postage stamps on them.
This collection consists of postcards, correspondence, photographs, and personal papers of Samuel Houston Jestes and Bertha Regina "Bessie" Jones ranging from 1905 to 1919.
Collection of early-mid twentieth century Tennessee postcards. This collection includes postcards from Trotter's Landing, Reelfoot Lake, Chief Standing Deer, among others. The collection contains approximately 15 postcards, some of which are used and stamped.
This collection contains four postcards with pictures of the University of Tennessee at Knoxville, referred to as Tennessee State University, Knoxville on the cards, at notable locations from 1910-1912.
This collection contains postcards of print images of the University of Tennessee, a good number of them with messages and stamps. The cards have a copyright date of 1903. While most are postmarked no later than 1920, two are postmarked 1949.
- Subject: Postcards. X
- Postcards -- Tennessee. 10
- Postcards. 6
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 4
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.). 3
- Correspondence. 2
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 2
- Photographs. 2
- Tennessee -- History -- Pictorial works. 2
- Tennessee, East. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 2
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence. 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century. 1
- Botanists -- Tennessee. 1
- Botany -- Research. 1
- Botany -- Study and teaching. 1
- Campbell County (Tenn.) 1
- Color photography. 1
- Diaries. 1
- Europe -- Description and travel. 1
- French Broad River (N.C. and Tenn.). 1
- Gatlinburg (Tenn.) 1
- Grainger County (Tenn.) 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.). 1
- Hotels -- Tennessee, East. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Pictorial works. 1
- Photographs -- 19th century. 1
- Photographs -- 20th century. 1
- Pigeon Forge (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Tennessee -- Pictorial works. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Buildings. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 1 ∧ less