Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This collection consists of a single mounted photograph taken in 1914. It pictures the ten men that made up Battery A, part of the 30th "Old Hickory" Division of the United States Army.
The Carol Bell WAC Interviews, 1996, consists of audio recordings and transcripts of interviews with 20 women who served in the Women's Army Corps during World War II. The interviews, conducted by Carol Owen Bell, set out to discover the long-term effects of military experience on women who served in the war.
This collection consists of an envelope and four pages of correspondence, written by George Whittington, from Base hospital #7 in France to Eddie A. Snow of Boston, Massachusetts. The letter was written on Armistice Day, November 11, 1918 and is on American Expeditionary Force letterhead.
A pay voucher for soldier Jasper N. Jennings from March 1865.
This collection houses nine discontinuous issues of Military magazine, a monthly publication focusing on U. S. military personnel. The magazine is composed largely of veteran contributions and includes feature articles, book reviews, letters to the editor, photos, classified advertisements, and announcements of upcoming events.
William King wrote four of the five letters in this collection to his family in Sapling Grove, Virginia to tell them about his service in the Mexican-American War. Sam Anderson wrote the final letter to inform King's family of his death on board a ship bound for home. Also included are two newspaper clippings describing the letters and their contents.
- Subject: Soldiers -- United States. X
- Soldiers -- United States. 4
- Mexican War, 1846-1848. 1
- Military pay 1
- Soldiers -- Massachusetts -- Correspondence. 1
- Soldiers -- United States -- Periodicals. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States. Army -- Pay, allowances, etc. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps. 1
- Women soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Campaigns -- France. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Portraits. 1
- World War, 1914-1918. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1 ∧ less