Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This collection consists of one letter written by Jefferson Davis in his home in Beauvoir, Mississippi. In the letter, he talks about an award he received from the Forbes Bivouac, a Confederate veterans group.
This collection contains three 1896 letters to and a U. S. Army 1891 leave of absence card for Major Thomas H. Hill. The letters discuss a Sequachee, Tenn., Sons of Veterans camp, and a petition for the U. S. Pension Agency.
This collection contains research material (photocopies of documents, correspondence, illustrations, microfilm and articles) from 1984 to 1992 surrounding Dr. R. B. Rosenburg's Living Monuments: Confederate Soldiers' Homes in the New South (1993).
This collection consists of articles written in the early 1900s by Confederate soldier Charles Stephen Olin "C.S.O." Rice's memories of events in the Civil War.
The bulk of this collection houses correspondence between Sarah (Probert) Watkins and family and friends living in Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois between 1865 and 1905. Other letters were written to and from George Probert and other members of the Probert family.
Collection contains two commemorative ribbons from the seventeenth and nineteenth reunions of the Society of the Army of the Tennessee. The ribbons are printed with gold text that states the event and dates. The seventeenth reunion took place in Lake Minnetonka, Minnesota, on August 13 and 14, 1884. The nineteenth reunion was held in Rock Island, Illinois, on September 15 and 16, 1886.
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Veterans. X
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Lauderdale County (Tenn.) 1
- Nashville, Battle of, Nashville, Tenn., 1864. 1
- Ohio -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Soldiers' homes -- Confederate States of America. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal Narratives, Confederate. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories. 1
- Veterans -- United States -- Societies, etc. 1
- Vicksburg (Miss.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Vicksburg (Miss.) -- History -- Siege, 1863. 1
- Women -- Ohio -- Correspondence. 1 ∧ less