Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
George W. Douglas Letter
In a letter written February 4, 1865 from the Officers' Hospital in Knoxville, Tenn., to Colonel Cross, George W. Douglas writes concerning his desire for an artifical leg to help him walk.
George W. Ross Letter
In this letter to his sister, Rebecca F. Ross, George W. Ross relates news about his service with the Indiana 8th Cavalry.
Henry A. Colvin Special Order
This document instructs Henry Colvin to go to Decatur, Alabama from Nashville, Tennessee and procure missing rolls and returns for Tennessee.
Howard Hopkins Letter
In this letter, dated January 17, 1864 at LaGrange, Tenn., Howard Hopkins of the 3rd Regiment Michigan Calvary writes to his cousin Abbie Watson Clyde of Wayne County, N.Y.
Jacob Rowland Letters
Julius E. Thomas Diary and Daybook
This collection contains the diary and daybook of Julius E. Thomas, 2nd Sergeant and Chief Bugler of Company F, 1st Tennessee Cavalry (Union). Entries range from August 5, 1864 through April 5, 1865. Thomas writes about the movement of his company throughout Tennessee. Part of the book contains notations of supplies used for construction.
W. M. Creamer Letter
This collection consists of a letter, dated February 24, 1863 from Camp Cripplecrick, Tenn., from W. M. Creamer of the 90th Ohio Infantry to his cousin, M. C. Creamer. He discusses his religious beliefs as well as Captain Robert O. Caddy's treatment of sick young boys in Nashville.
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 5
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 5
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Kentucky -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- Michigan -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 1
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 1
- United States. Army. Indiana Cavalry Regiment, 8th (1863-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Michigan Cavalry Regiment, 3rd (1861-1866). 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Heavy Artillery Regiment, 2nd (1863-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 90th (1861-1864). 1
- United States. Army. Tennessee Cavalry Regiment, 12th (1861-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Tennessee Cavalry Regiment, 1st (1862-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Tennessee Infantry Regiment, 8th (1862-1865). 1 ∧ less