Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Henry Kent Memoir
This memoir (richly illustrated with copies of original photographs) documents Henry Kent's service as a pilot in North Africa and Italy during World War II. Kent discusses such subjects as the planes in use during World War II, the day-to-day operations of his unit, and the activities of his various friends while capturing the hardship, fear, and humor of the situation.
Henry W. Kent Memoir
This collection houses a copy (on CD) of Henry W. Kent's memoirs documenting his experience with the 86th Fighter Squadron (then assigned to the 79th Fighter Group) in North Africa during World War II. It contains detailed descriptions and photographs (many in color) of their service.
James J. Akins Collection
Transcription of an oral history conducted with James J. Akins, who served as a pilot during World War II in the European theater. Akins was captured by German forces in 1944 and held for almost a year as a prisoner of war. During his service, he performed in several important raids on German forces. In his interview, he dictates experiences from before, during, and after the war.
Jasper Bailey World War II Memoir
The Jasper Bailey World War II Memoir, 1944-1945, is a personal collection by Jasper Bailey of his World War II experiences entitled You'll Go Places on This Team!. Bailey flew 50 missions as a radio-gunner in Europe during World War II.
John Towle Oral History
This collection consists of an interview with World War II veteran John W. Towle for the Veteran's Oral History Project, Center for the Study of War and Society, Department of History. Towle discusses growing up on a dairy farm in Knoxville and his training and Air Force service during World War II.
Maurice Park Papers
This collection consists of Maurice Park's personal papers, correspondence, military documents, military honors, and photographs from his service in World War II. Also available are materials concerning the commendation to Eastern Command on Sept. 22, 1944, and the 50th Anniversary celebration of V-E day in Moscow.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 5
- United States. Air Force. 4
- United States. Air Force -- History. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 2
- Oral history -- United States. 1
- Prisoners of war 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Asia. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Soviet Union. 1 ∧ less