Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Alfred Roessel/German POW Letter
Burton R. Richard Papers
Clyde W. Bradley Papers
This collection includes the typed recollections of Clyde W. Bradley’s World War II service, including his crash landing and time as a prisoner of war in Germany.
Coleman E. Baird Papers
This collection houses official congratulatory victory letters, translated German newspapers, secret military reports from corps artillery headquarters, German POW Interrogation reports, confidential G-2 reports, and other World War II ephemera collected by Captain Coleman E. Baird of Tennessee between 1944 and 1945.
Crossville POW Camp Collection
The Crossville P. O. W Camp Collection, 1942-1981 consists primarily of newspaper clippings and copies of photographs. Also included in the collection is a history of the Camp property and correspondence and a memoir compiled by a former camp guard.
Edgar C. Wilson Oral History
In this interview, Edgar C. Wilson discusses the end of his service in World War II and his postwar life in Knoxville, Tennessee.
Heini Ackermann Letter
Written from a WWII Prisoner of War Camp in Tennessee in 1943, this collection consists of a single letter from Obergefrieter Heini Ackermann to his wife back in Germany.
Hobart E. Bostic Papers
J. Harold Harveston Papers
This collection consists of correspondence between J. Harold Harveston, a radioman in the U.S. Navy during World War II, and his parents. It also contains an undated newspaper clipping regarding Harveston from the Knoxville News Sentinel.
James J. Akins Collection
Transcription of an oral history conducted with James J. Akins, who served as a pilot during World War II in the European theater. Akins was captured by German forces in 1944 and held for almost a year as a prisoner of war. During his service, he performed in several important raids on German forces. In his interview, he dictates experiences from before, during, and after the war.
John Lee Swanson World War II Collection
This collection consists of three items demonstrating the impact of World War II on Middle Tennessee.
Robert Asquith Collection
This collection includes a copy of "Liberation," dictating Robert Asquith's time as a prisoner of war during World War II and his liberation. It also contains one copy of a First Lutheran Church (Knoxville, Tenn.) service bulletin with names and addresses of church members serving during World War II and a section for letters from soldiers, including a letter from Asquith.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 6
- Prisoners of war -- United States. 3
- Crossville Internment Camp (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- United States. Army Air Forces. 2
- United States. Navy. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 2
- Agricultural education. 1
- Camp Forrest (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Military training camps -- Tennessee. 1
- Oral history -- United States. 1
- Prisoners of war 1
- Prisoners of war -- Germany. 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Military intelligence -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, German. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less