Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection houses a manuscript describing the history of the 62nd General Hospital and the lives of two soldiers, Jessie Smith and Thomas Bond, who served with the unit. This hospital company served in the European Theater of Operations in World War II from 1943 June 25 to 1945 August 1.
This collection features papers, correspondence, and photographs from reunions of the 74th General Hospital.
This collection features 18 photographs and one postcard depicting various activities of the 74th General Hospital during World War II.
This collection consists of correspondence written by Alice Boehret during her service with the Army Nurse Corps during World War II. Boehret wrote almost daily letters between 1942 and 1946 to her family, mainly her sisters and mother, and document her time in the European Theater of War, particularly with the 74th General Hospital.
This collection consists of Gladys Bonine’s typed memoir entitled “Recollections of One Army Nurse in World War II.” The 132-page memoir documents Bonine’s service in World War II including her decision to enlist, her training, and her time as a nurse in England.
This collection features 40 photographs of the 74th General Hospital, specifically of Ward 14.
This collection includes 11 photographs from the ground of Tyntesfield, England during the 1940s and the 1990s.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 4
- World War, 1939-1945. 3
- United States. Army Nurse Corps. 2
- United States. Army. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care -- Great Britain. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women. 1 ∧ less