Showing Collections: 121 - 140 of 4192
Abstract This collection consists of four Advocate and Family Guardian dating from 1864. They include articles, poetry, and stories with a focus on Christian teachings as well as a series describing East Tennessee and how it was being affected by the Civil War.
Abstract This collection consists of reports, notes, rosters, drafts, binders, clippings, and publications relating to Aelred Flash Gray's career with the University of Tennessee Planning Department and two of his publications, Norris, Tennessee: A History of America's First Self-Contained Greenbelt Town and Regional Planning: The TVA Experience.
Abstract This collection contains two handwritten affidavits, one incomplete and the other a copy of a notarized version, attesting to the hardships faced by Edgar Johnson's wife and daughter while he is away from home in the army.
Abstract This collection contains statistics on minority faculty, staff, and students, plans for desegregation, records of the statewide Desegregation Monitoring Committee, and information relating to the stipulations of Geier fulfillment documenting the enhancement of diversity at the University of Tennessee.
Abstract A collection of photographs of African Americans in or around Knoxville from 1941-1969. These photographs come from three photo albums, one being a Historical and Pictoral Review of Fort Bragg, North Carolina, a year book for the year 1941. It includes all of the soldiers stationed at Fort Bragg in 1941 and the different activities inside of the base. The second album is made up of images of a family that lived in or around Knoxville. The photos include group and individual...
Abstract The majority of this collection consists of correspondence, reports, and other records documenting the University of Tennessee's participation in a multi-university program coordinated by the Agency for International Development (USAID) to promote agricultural research and education in India during the late 1960s and early 1970s. UT faculty and staff taught primarily at Mysore State in Southwestern India until the program was dismantled in 1972. Other materials show the operations of the...
Abstract This collection houses an annual report, entitled 88 Years of Agricultural Research in Tennessee, 1882-1970, that the University of Tennessee's Agricultural Experiment Station published in 1969.
Abstract This survey documents the experiment station farm (located on the University of Tennessee's Knoxville Campus) in 1896.
Abstract This collection houses materials documenting the University of Tennessee's Agricultural Extension Service.
Abstract This collection houses 4-H Club programs, forestry pamphlets, landscaping and shrubbery publications, and photographs documenting the Forestry Division of the University of Tennessee's Agricultural Extension Service.
Abstract This collection houses slides documenting the University of Tennessee Agricultural Extension Service's Forestry Division. Among the subjects depicted are trees, field trips, tree diseases, and insects. Also included are presentations about identifying trees, some of which were created by the Audio-Visual Resource Center at Cornell University and come with audio recordings on cassette tape.
Abstract This collection consists of four agricultural ledgers and two time books. The six volumes in this collection contain several entries, which extend from the years of 1858 to 1890.
Abstract This collection contains two copies of two photographs of an African-American agricultural worker, carrying a cut Cream of Wheat box with nails poked through and filled with cut sunflower heads.
Abstract This collection houses letters that Agur Castle's family and friends in England sent to him before and after his emigration to America. The vast majority of the correspondence was authored by Agur's brother David, then living in Stalybridge, England. Most of the letters discuss family business (including the deaths of numerous children and friends) and request news of relatives in the United States and Canada, but some mention a coal strike, English immigrants' impressions of America and the...
Abstract These three publications of the United States Air Force contain information pertaining to air strategy during World War II. The first, Air Defense in Theory and Practice: 1918-1945 by Denys Volan, provides a brief introduction to the development of conventional air defense tactics from the advent of auxiliary military air forces in World War I to their most prevalent implementation during World War II. The second publication, entitled Mission Accomplished:...
Abstract This collection includes various letters written to and by Al Bravin, a Mess Sergeant in the 3rd Division of the 47th Infantry, during World War II as well as news clippings featuring articles about his division's service.
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract Al Gore's Honorary Doctorate Cap and Gown
Abstract The three letters included in the Al Gore, Jr., Papers, 1976-1977, request Representative Benjamin S. Rosenthal to assign Gore a seat on a House committee - Interstate and Foreign Commerce Committee, Appropriations Committee, and a number of other possible seats.
Abstract This collection includes maps of Central Europe, the Middle and Near East, Scandinavia, Austria, and Alaska as well as a regional atlas and a world map all dating from the early to mid 20th century.
Abstract This collection consists of stock certificate number 142 from the state of Alabama for $500 at 8 percent, issued March 1, 1861. Issued for military defense from the Office of the Treasurer, the certificate is signed by W. J. Greene, the comptroller of public accounts, and Governor A. B. Moore.
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 351
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 308
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 290
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 246
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 244
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 130
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 103
- World War, 1939-1945. 99
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 95
- United States. Army. 92
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 87
- Tennessee -- History. 81
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 56
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 56
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 54
- Correspondence. 52
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 50
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 49
- Soldiers -- Ohio -- Correspondence. 49
- United States. Navy. 45
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 45
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 45
- Authors, American -- Tennessee. 43
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 41
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 41
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History. 39
- Tennessee -- Politics and government. 39
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.). 37
- Slavery -- Tennessee 34
- Tennessee -- Commerce. 34
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 34
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 33
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 33
- Account books -- Tennessee. 32
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 30
- United States. Air Force. 28
- United States. Army Air Forces. 28
- Authors, American -- 20th century. 27
- Davidson County (Tenn.) -- History. 27
- Photographs. 26
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 26
- County courts -- Tennessee. 25
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 24
- Legal documents -- Tennessee. 24
- Motion pictures -- United States. 24
- Tennessee, East -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 24
- Tennessee -- Genealogy. 23
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- To 1865. 23
- Account books. 22
- Governors -- Tennessee. 22
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 22
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- History. 22
- Legal documents -- United States. 22
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History. 22
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team). 22
- United States. Marine Corps. 22
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 21
- Tennessee -- Religion. 21
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 21
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 21
- Land tenure -- Tennessee. 20
- Broadsides 19
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States. 19
- Education -- Tennessee. 18
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Commerce. 18
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 17
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- History. 17
- World War, 1914-1918. 17
- Authors, American -- Southern States. 16
- Radiobiology. 16
- Railroads -- Tennessee. 16
- Tennessee -- Pictorial works. 16
- Washington County (Tenn.) -- History. 16
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- History. 15
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.). 15
- Land grants -- Tennessee. 15
- Screenplays 15
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons. 15
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 15
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 15
- American literature -- 20th century. 14
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 14
- Greeneville (Tenn.) -- History. 14
- Medicine -- Tennessee. 14
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 14
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Tennessee. 14
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 14
- Tennessee, East -- History. 14
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 14
- College students -- Tennessee. 13
- Presbyterians -- Tennessee. 13
- Sheet music. 13
- United States -- Description and travel. 13
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate. 13
- Women -- Education -- Tennessee. 13
- Women -- Societies and clubs. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 13
- Authors, American. 12 ∧ less
- Staub, Peter, 1827-1904 2
- American Red Cross 1