Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
This collection houses a typescript of an oral history interview conducted with Foster Arnett by G. Kurt Piehler and Johnny Goins for the Veteran's Oral History Project at the Center for the Study of War and Society. The interview documents Arnett's childhood in East Tennessee, his experiences in the Pacific Theater during World War II, and his postwar legal practice.
This collection includes a copy of World War II soldier Frank Baghetti's memoir, "As I Witnessed World War II," along with aa photograph of Baghetti's plane, "Hubba Hubba."
This collection consists of materials regarding Lt. Frank L. Kersnowski, a staff sergeant at a hospital in Honolulu, Hawaii during World War II. This collection includes military documents, newspapers, publications, photographs, and a scrapbook. Most publications are photocopies.
This collection gives a glimpse into the life of the Freytag family, a miltary family from Wartburg, TN. The collection includes correspondence, press clippings, photographs, and certificates regarding the Freytag children, Albert Jr., Fred, and Maxwell. Albert Jr. was enlisted in the U.S. Marines, Fred was enlisted in the U.S. Navy, and Maxwell was enlisted in the U.S. Army. All materials are photocopies, donated by the family matriarch, Ethel H. Freytag.
This collection contains Gus W. Dyer’s memoirs, essays, diary entries, and correspondence from his time serving in World War II in the Pacific Theater.
This collection consists of correspondence, photographs, press clippings, recollections, and ephemera collected by Evelyn Hogins concerning World War II. It also includes material concerning Evelyn's mother, Annie Hogins, and Evelyn's brothers: Clifford, Lawrence "Buster", and Marshall Hogins. The brothers all served in the U.S. military. A significant portion of the collection is comprised of photocopies.
This collection features three letters and a newspaper clipping regarding James Harold Fox's service during World War II as a member of the Bombing-Fighting Squadron 89 and the Fleet Tactical Support Squadron 21.
This collection contains materials pertaining to James R. Eddy, member of the U.S. Army Air Force during World War II. The documents include Eddy's correspondence and military papers, newspaper articles, and photographs taken in Tinian, Saipan, and Guam during the war.
This collection contains correspondence and other papers of World War II veteran James W. Howland’s experience in the Pacific Theater.
This collection contains documents concerning the McGill family from Knoxville, TN. Four of the McGill children, addressed in this collection, served in the U.S. military during World War II.
This collection includes several letters penned by Omar L. Ash, mainly to his mother and Lela Ann, during his World War II service. Other letters included are addressed from Ash's commanders.
This collection contains photographs of the Philippines and a transcript of a Japanese diary donated by Owen Musgrove who was deployed with the Army during World War II in the Pacific Theater.
This collection features photographs, documents, and currency from Robert A. Page's service during World War II in the United States Army.
This collection contains copies of photos taken in the Philippines and Hiroshima, Japan, in 1945.
This memoir, written in 1996, is William Bobbitt's account of his time fighting in the Pacific Theater during World War II. The manuscript traces his military career from his training with a National Guard Unit in 1941 to his discharge in 1945. During his service, Bobbitt was stationed on many Pacific islands and faced combat in the Philippines.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 14
- United States. Army. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 4
- United States. Army Air Forces. 3
- United States. Navy. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 3
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Philippines. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 2
- World War, 1939-1945. 2
- Atomic bomb -- Japan -- Hiroshima-shi. 1
- Hiroshima-shi (Japan) -- History -- Bombardment, 1945. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 1
- Leyte Gulf, Battle of, Philippines, 1944. 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) 1
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941. 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Army. Division, 40th. 1
- United States. Army. Parachute Infantry Regiment, 511th. 1
- United States. Marine Corps. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Veterans -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1 ∧ less