Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 3989
5th Iowa Infantry Letter
This collection consist of an eight page letter, dated June 24, 1864, written by John S. R. Fellows at Camp Patrick, Tennessee, during the Civil War. In the letter, Fellows writes home to his brothers and sisters about the hanging of 500 Confederate soldiers in Nashville during the Civil War.
9th Tennessee Regiment (CSA) Absent Without Leave Report
This collection consists of a two-page report entitled Report of Absent without leave from 9th Tenn. Regt. Commanded by Col. H. L. Douglass. It is divided into five columns: Company, Name, Date of Absence, Residence, and Probable Present Locality. The report was prepared by Junius L. Hall, the unit's adjutant, and is signed by H. L. Douglass, the unit's commander.
10th Indiana Infantry Letter
The collection consists of a letter, dated March 15, 1864, written by Lt. Thomas A. Cobb from Company A of the 10th Indiana Infantry to his father in Chattanooga, Tennessee. On the fourth page of the letter, the Lt. describes what he witnessed in November 1863. In one section he states, "I saw a dead rebel the dogs had pulled him out of the ground where he had been partly buried and had been eating at him!"
10th Infantry, 5th Division Photograph
This photograph, taken in 1941 in Wartrace, Tennessee, depicts the 10th Infantry, 5th Division training.
10th Tennessee Cavalry, Company G, CSA Manuscript
In a December 28, 1899 manuscript, William L. Walker, a private with the 10th Tennessee Cavalry, CSA, provides a list of the members of Captain Thomas S. Easley's Company G.
13th Tennessee Cavalry Monthly Return of Clothing and Camp and Garrison Equipage
In this return, Lieutenant R. H. M. Donnelly enumerates the clothing and equipment (including tools, beds, tents, and books) in the possession of Company D of the 13th Tennessee Cavalry (USA) as of March 1864. At the time the report was written, the unit was stationed in Nashville, Tennessee.
18th Century Arithmetic
This collection consists of an 18th century arithmetic textbook. The textbook includes different explanations and sample problems on the Direct Proportion Rule, Extraction of the Square Root, and the Single Fellowship Rule.
19th and 20th Century Letters and Documents
This collection features a number of letters, legal documents, receipts, photographs, and other papers from the second half of the 19th century through the first quarter of the 20th century.
19th Century Elementary School Books
This collection houses elementary school textbooks on such subjects as spelling, math, english, and history.
19th Century Hamilton County Tennessee Legal Documents
This collection contains fifteen legal documents from Hamilton County, Tennessee, 1840-1860. A majority of the items are copies of bills of complaints sent between parties.
19th century Tennessee Photographers Collection
The 19th century Tennessee Photographers Collection, ca. 1850-1900, consists of 177 photographs taken by photographers throughout Tennessee during the second half of the 19th century. The majority of these photographs are of unidentified subjects.
19th century Tennessee Photographs
This collection contains eight 19th century photographs of twenty-one unidentified persons taken by several Tennessee photographers.
19th Century U. S. Representatives from Tennessee Collection
This collection contains letters of 19th century members of the House of Representatives from Tennessee.
19th Century U. S. Senators Collection
This collection contains signatures of 19th century members of the U. S. Senate from Tennessee.
20th Century Sheet Music
This collection contains various pieces of popular sheet music ranging from 1895-1986 with the bulk of the music dating from the early 20th century.
24th Kentucky Infantry Muster Roll
This collections contains a muster and pay roll from October 31, 1863, signed in Knoxville, Tennessee, documenting 38 men in Company E of the 24th Regiment Kentucky Volunteer Infantry.
39th Tennessee Regiment and 3rd Tennessee Militia Muster Rolls
62nd General Hospital History
This collection houses a manuscript describing the history of the 62nd General Hospital and the lives of two soldiers, Jessie Smith and Thomas Bond, who served with the unit. This hospital company served in the European Theater of Operations in World War II from 1943 June 25 to 1945 August 1.
74th General Hospital Collection
This collection features papers, correspondence, and photographs from reunions of the 74th General Hospital.
74th General Hospital Photographs
This collection features 18 photographs and one postcard depicting various activities of the 74th General Hospital during World War II.
- Language: English X
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 303
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 289
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 279
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 266
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 245
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 121
- United States. Army. 99
- World War, 1939-1945. 99
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 98
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 92
- Tennessee -- History. 81
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 79
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 58
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 56
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 55
- United States. Navy. 51
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 51
- Correspondence. 50
- Radiation -- Research. 50
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 49
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 49
- Soldiers -- Ohio -- Correspondence. 48
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 45
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 45
- Authors, American -- Tennessee. 43
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 40
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History. 39
- Tennessee -- Politics and government. 39
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.). 37
- Slavery -- Tennessee 34
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 34
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 33
- United States. Army Air Forces. 31
- Tennessee -- Commerce. 30
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 30
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 30
- Account books -- Tennessee. 29
- Authors, American -- 20th century. 28
- Davidson County (Tenn.) -- History. 27
- United States. Air Force. 27
- Motion pictures -- United States. 26
- County courts -- Tennessee. 25
- Photographs. 25
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 25
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 24
- Legal documents -- Tennessee. 24
- Tennessee, East -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 24
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 23
- Tennessee -- Genealogy. 23
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- To 1865. 23
- Tennessee -- Religion. 23
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 23
- Account books. 22
- Governors -- Tennessee. 22
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- History. 22
- Legal documents -- United States. 22
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History. 22
- United States. Marine Corps. 22
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 21
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 20
- Land tenure -- Tennessee. 20
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team). 20
- Broadsides 19
- Education -- Tennessee. 18
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.). 18
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Commerce. 18
- World War, 1914-1918. 18
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- History. 17
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 17
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- History. 17
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States. 17
- Authors, American -- Southern States. 16
- Land grants -- Tennessee. 16
- Railroads -- Tennessee. 16
- Tennessee -- Pictorial works. 16
- Washington County (Tenn.) -- History. 16
- Radiobiology. 15
- Screenplays 15
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons. 15
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 15
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 15
- American literature -- 20th century. 14
- Court records -- Tennessee -- Knox County. 14
- Medicine -- Tennessee. 14
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 14
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Tennessee. 14
- Sheet music. 14
- Tennessee, East -- History. 14
- United States -- Description and travel. 14
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 14
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France. 14
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 14
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 13
- Presbyterians -- Tennessee. 13
- Sevier County (Tenn.). 13
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate. 13
- Women -- Education -- Tennessee. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 13 ∧ less
- French 1
- German 1
- Italian 1
- American Red Cross 2
- Staub, Peter, 1827-1904 2