Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 73
Academic Advising Newsletter
This collection houses a 1977 newsletter for academic advisors at the University of Tennessee. It includes information about program name changes, changes in education law requirements, and changes in deans and other administrative personnel.
"Aerie Echoes" Yearbook
The “Aerie Echoes” Yearbook collection consists of the 1946-1947 yearbook for Lanier School in Maryville, Tennessee. It includes photographs of the students, administration, activities, clubs/organizations, and more.
Affirmative Action and Desegregation Collection
This collection contains statistics on minority faculty, staff, and students, plans for desegregation, records of the statewide Desegregation Monitoring Committee, and information relating to the stipulations of Geier fulfillment documenting the enhancement of diversity at the University of Tennessee.
Agricultural Extension Service (Forestry Division) Publications and Photographs
This collection houses 4-H Club programs, forestry pamphlets, landscaping and shrubbery publications, and photographs documenting the Forestry Division of the University of Tennessee's Agricultural Extension Service.
Agricultural Extension Service (Forestry Division) Slides
This collection houses slides documenting the University of Tennessee Agricultural Extension Service's Forestry Division. Among the subjects depicted are trees, field trips, tree diseases, and insects. Also included are presentations about identifying trees, some of which were created by the Audio-Visual Resource Center at Cornell University and come with audio recordings on cassette tape.
Alice Deaderick Grainger Knoxville School Recollections
This collection consists of a three-page typescript from Alice Deadrick Grainger about her experience in Knoxville schools.
Andrew Holt Papers
This collection houses publications, drafts, official papers, correspondence, photographs, newspaper clippings, and other materials documenting Andrew Holt's military service, tenure as President of the National Education Association, and term as President of the University of Tennessee. Issues Holt dealt with at U.T. include academic freedom, athletics, integration, U.T. Martin, student life, and finances.
Archibald Alexander Doak Letter
This letter was written by Archibald Alexander Doak on October 16, 1848 while he was president of Washington College in Tennessee. In the letter, Doak addresses the parents of a student named William.
Army Air Forces 63rd College Training Detachment Records
ASF Training Program Glass Slide Negatives,
Benjamin O. Duggan Papers
B.O. Duggan's papers are drawn from his files of reports and letters concerning education in Tennessee, which he kept while he was a professor at the University and a Commissioner of Education for the state. Items of particular interest include Duggan's Personal File as Commissioner, his education scrapbook (which contains articles about Tennessee education), and bound quarterly reports. Collection consists of three boxes divided into three series: Subject File, Scrapbooks, and Reports.
Billy Brownlow Papers
This collection contains two items, a book cover and spine and a letter. The textbook, Plant and Spherical Trigonometry with Tables by Passand, belonged to Billy Brownlow (via William Fulton, Jr.); and the letter was to Billy from Evelyn Barrett as thanks for lending the book to her.
Bolivar Female Academy Songsheet
This songsheet, printed by Kinsloe & Rice of Knoxville, Tennessee, displays the lyrics of a closing school song to be sung at the 1856 graduation of the Bolivar Female Academy.
C. E. Wylie Papers
This collection consists primarily of letters to and from Charles Wylie, including invitations to speak or write, requests for information about the department or the field of dairying, Wylie's attempt to secure a foreign appointment, and department business. Also included is information about the field of dairying, requirements for publications, reports, statistics, and other materials.
C. S. Plumb Correspondence
Professor Charles S. Plumb received this correspondence while working at the University of Tennessee between 1887 and 1890. The majority of the material documents the workings of the University's Agricultural Experiment Station.
Carthage Female Academy Treasurer's Book
This book contains a list of the Carthage Female Academy's original stockholders and records of monetary transactions documenting the Academy's finances from 1843 to 1845.
Center for Business and Economic Research Annual Report
This collection houses the 1973-74 Annual Report of Research and Service Activities issued by the Center for Business and Economic Research on the University of Tennessee campus. It includes background and objectives, descriptions of studies conducted, and notes on funding.
Chancellor Beverly J. Davenport Collection
Clinton B. Allison Department of Education Collection
This collection contains materials documenting Professor Clinton Allison’s service in the Department of Education at the University of Tennessee. Items housed in the collection include newsletters from the department, state and university publications on secondary and higher education, and meeting agendas and minutes from Allison’s tenure as president of the Faculty Senate.
College of Education Records
The majority of this collection is composed of Dr. Daniel Quarles' papers and material documenting the National Conference of Professors of Education Administration (NCPEA). A few items showing the Walter D. Cocking Memorial Lectures are also included.
- Education -- Tennessee. 18
- Women -- Education -- Tennessee. 13
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 10
- Education -- Tennessee, East. 7
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 7
- Military education -- Tennessee. 6
- Education -- Tennessee -- Knox County. 4
- Education -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 4
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 4
- Agricultural education -- Tennessee. 3
- Education -- Study and teaching. 3
- Education -- Tennessee -- History. 3
- High schools -- Tennessee. 3
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 3
- Women -- Education -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 3
- Blount County (Tenn.) 2
- Education, Primary -- Tennessee. 2
- Forestry schools and education -- Tennessee. 2
- Forests and forestry -- Tennessee. 2
- Greeneville (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Medical education -- Tennessee. 2
- Public schools -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 2
- Religious education -- Tennessee. 2
- Segregation in education -- Tennessee. 2
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 2
- Teachers -- Tennessee -- Knox County. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 2
- Aeronautics -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- United States. 1
- Affirmative action programs in education -- Tennessee. 1
- African American college students -- Tennessee. 1
- African Americans -- Education -- Tennessee. 1
- African Americans -- Tennessee -- Memphis. 1
- Agricultural experiment stations -- Southern States. 1
- Agriculture -- Study and teaching -- Tennessee. 1
- Agriculture -- Tennessee. 1
- Ballads, English -- United States. 1
- Bolivar (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Business education -- Tennessee. 1
- Carthage (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Christianity -- United States. 1
- Christians -- Tennessee. 1
- Cocke County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 1
- College radio stations. 1
- College student newspapers and periodicals. 1
- College teachers -- Tennessee. 1
- Columbia (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Tennessee Mounted Infantry, 61st. 1
- Counseling -- Vocational guidance. 1
- Counseling in higher education -- Tennessee. 1
- Dairy products industry -- United States. 1
- Dairying -- Study and teaching. 1
- Discrimination in higher education -- United States. 1
- Education -- Study and teaching -- United States. 1
- Education -- Tennessee -- Davidson County. 1
- Education -- Tennessee -- Grainger County. 1
- Education -- Tennessee -- Maury County. 1
- Education -- Tennessee -- Memphis. 1
- Education, Primary -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- Education, Secondary -- Tennessee. 1
- Essays. 1
- Farmers -- Tennessee. 1
- Folk songs, English -- United States. 1
- Folk songs, English. 1
- Folk songs, French. 1
- Franklin (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Franklin College (Franklin, Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Graduation (School). 1
- Grainger County (Tenn.) -- Economic conditions. 1
- Hardeman County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Interdisciplinary approach in education -- Tennessee. 1
- Jefferson County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Jonesborough (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Maury County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Medical economics -- Tennessee. 1
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Military training camps -- Tennessee. 1
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- Social life and customs. 1
- Park City (Tenn.) 1
- Photograph albums -- United States. 1
- Photographs. 1
- Poetry, Modern -- 19th century. 1
- Public schools -- Tennessee. 1
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877). 1
- Segregation in higher education -- United States. 1
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 1
- Teachers -- Tennessee. 1
- Tennessee -- Church history. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 1
- Tennessee -- Religion. 1
- Tennessee, East. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1901-1953. 1
- United States. Army -- History. 1
- United States. Army. Reserve Officers' Training Corps. 1
- Women -- Education -- United States. 1
- Women -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less