Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Andrew Wilkins Land Grant
This collection consists of a land grant presenting Andrew S. Wilkins 40 acres of land in Hamilton County, Tennessee.
Conner Burnette Collection of Knox County, Tennessee Land Deeds
This collection contains seven land deeds and six land grants from Knox County and, specifically, Knoxville, Tennessee. Two of the land grants are signed by governors of Tennessee, William Carroll in 1839 and William B. Campbell in 1852. Another land grant is signed by John Sevier. Two clerks, M. S. Patterson and R. A. Brown signed the Clerk and Master's Deeds.
Drury M. Haddick Land Grant
This collection consists of one land grant from the United States government to Drury M. Haddick for his service in the military. He served as a private in the Captain Battles' Company, Second Regiment, in the Tennessee Mounted Volunteers in the Florida War.
George D. Barnes Collection on Rhea County
This collection contains marriage bonds, land deeds, and other legal documents of Rhea County, Tennessee, dating from 1785 to 1893.
Green Hill Land Grant
This collection contains a land grant from the State of Tennessee for Mr. Green Hill, totaling 40 acres in Rutherford County, Tennessee. The document bears the signature of Governor John Sevier.
Jeremiah Mayner Land Grant
This collection consists of one land grant from the United States government to Jeremiah Mayner for his service in the military. He served as a private in Captain Powell’s Company during the Florida War.
John Dulwitt Land Grant
This collection consists of one document granting John Dulwitt thirty-one and one-quarter acres of land in Knoxville, Tennessee.
Moses Swofford Land Grant
This collection consists of a land grant presenting Moses Swofford 80 acres of land in Polk County, Tennessee.
North Carolina Land Grant to George Doherty
This collection consists of a handwritten land grant dated July 10, 1788 from the state of North Carolina to George Doherty for 5,000 acres in Giles County (now in Tennessee) on Richland Creek.
Reuben Gunter Land Grant
This collection consists of a land grant presenting Reuben Gunter 40 acres of land in Polk County, Tennessee.
Rhea Family Papers
This collection consists of material relating to the Rhea family of Sullivan County, Tennessee and covers the time period 1807-1931. Contained within the collection are Civil War-era records, John Rhea's financial transactions, Sons of Temperance financial transactions, material on Samuel Rhea's missionary trips to Persia, and John Rhea's correspondence. Also are included are Rhea genealogical material and various church records.
State of Tennessee Land Grant Collection
This collection includes land grants from the State of Tennessee to Nashville University and East Tennessee College. All were signed in 1939 by Governor James K. Polk and Secretary Luke Lea.
Bee-hive, or Early (1778-1791) North Carolina Land Grants in the
This index, titled The Tennessee Bee-hive, or Early (1778-1791) North Carolina Land Grants in the Volunteer State, lists the names of 3,151 Revolutionary War soldiers who received land grants in Tennessee as a reward for their military service. A preface describes where this information was found and outlines some of the features of American westward migration.
Thomas Coffman Land Grants
These two land grants gave Thomas Coffman and his heirs 375 acres of land in Jefferson County, Tennessee. They describe the locations of the land and are signed by Governor William Carroll.
Trotter Family Papers
This collection contains documents from 1810 to 1917 concerning the Trotter family of Sevier County, Tennessee, including ledgers, legal documents, letters and other materials.
William Tarwater Deed
This collection consists of a deed giving William Tarwater land in Tennessee in January 1840.
- Subject: Land grants -- Tennessee. X
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 3
- Polk County (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Blount County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Confederate States of America -- Politics and government. 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Cotton trade -- Southern States -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Court records -- Tennessee -- Rhea County. 1
- Deeds 1
- Deeds -- Tennessee -- Knox County. 1
- Giles County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Hamilton County (Tenn.) 1
- Jefferson City (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Knox County (Tenn.). 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 1
- Land tenure -- North Carolina. 1
- Land tenure -- Tennessee. 1
- Landowners -- Tennessee. 1
- Legal documents -- Tennessee. 1
- Marriage records -- Tennessee -- Rhea County. 1
- Military pensions -- United States. 1
- Missionaries, American. 1
- Rhea County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Seminole War, 2nd, 1835-1842. 1
- Sevier County (Tenn.). 1
- Sullivan County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Claims. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Registers. 1
- United States -- History -- War of 1812. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less