Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection contains Broadway playbills from 1926 and 1948 through 1981. Titles include The Boy Friend, Cabaret, Cole Porter's Can-Can, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Hair, The King and I, My Fair Lady, Seven Year Itch, South Pacific, and The Unsinkable Molly Brown, among many others.
This collection houses a transcript of an interview that G. Kurt Piehler and Kathryn Meunier conducted with James R. Henderson on March 29, 2002 as part of the Veterans Oral History Project of the Center for the Study of War and Society. In it, Henderson discusses his childhood in New York City, his time in the Army during the Korean War, his postwar career as a New York City police officer, and his later life in Sevier County, Tennessee.
John La Farge wrote this letter to the Merwin-Clayton Sales Company on May 26, 1905. In it, he asks them to bid $20 on lot number 354 on his behalf.
This collection contains multiple photographs of the U. S. Armed Forces in France, Germany, and Belgium during World War II.
This collection consists primarily of a series of New York City Playbills documenting a variety of Broadway theaters from 1938 through 1995. It also houses programs from Carnegie Hall (1940-1978) and Radio City Music Hall (1940-1978) in addition to New York City World's Fair Magazines (1940-1965).
This collection consists of Broadway playbills from the early 1920s into the 1960s; the collection also contains playbills from other theaters around the country, including the Shubert Theater in New Haven, Connecticut, the Barter Theater in Virginia and the Bijou, Carousel, and Staub theaters of Knoxville, Tenn., some of which date as far back as 1890.
- Subject: New York (N.Y.) X
- Playbills -- United States 3
- Theater -- United States -- History -- 20th century. 3
- Broadway (New York, N.Y.). 2
- Auctions -- New York (N.Y.). 1
- Broadway (New York, N.Y.) -- History. 1
- Concert programs -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Theater. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Participation, American. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- New York (N.Y.) 1
- New York (N.Y.) -- Aerial views. 1
- New York (N.Y.). Police Dept. 1
- Sevier County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Theater -- United States -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Theater programs -- New York (State) -- New York. 1
- Theater programs -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- United States. Office of War Information. 1
- Veterans -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 1 ∧ less