Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Albert Emil Staub Certificate and Photographs
This collection consists primarily of a Testimonial of Service that the Louisville & Nashville Railroad Company presented to Albert Emil Staub when he retired on December 31, 1947 after 43 years of service. Also included are five snapshots of Staub and his wife, a clipping from the L & N Magazine, and a service book from Staub's funeral.
Artificial collection of ephemera items related to the history of Knoxville, Tennessee, the Great Smoky Mountains, and more.
George Stuart Letters
This collection consists of three letters written between 1846-1855 by George Stuart to his wife, Margaret, while traveling to Nashville, Tennessee, and Lynchburg, Virginia, on railroad business. He includes in the letters information on his travel details, people he visits, and his health.
J. K. Spence Railroad Passes
This collection consists of two railroad passes issued to Rev. J. K. Spence. One pass was created by the Memphis & Charleston Rail Road Co. and the other comes from the East Tennessee, Virginia, & Georgia Railway System.
Louisville and Nashville Railroad Jellico Expansion Records
This collection consists of a booklet, correspondence, and geographical maps of the Tuckahoe Iron Property and Industrial Site, located in East Tennessee. These materials are dated from the early 1900s through 1902 and relate to the Louisville and Nashville Railroad Company's attempt to expand from La Follette, Tennessee to Jellico, Tennessee.
Louisville & Nashville Railroad Company Employee Pay Records
This collection houses payroll records documenting the employees of the L&N station in Knoxville, Tennessee from 1909 to 1954.
Railroad Records Collection and Addendum
This collection houses a wide array of items documenting railroads in the Southeast, including published rules and regulations, commodity tariff schedules and classification lists, passenger timetables and rate schedules, and miscellaneous items and memorabilia. Most of the material relates to the Southern Railway System and the Louisville and Nashville Railroad.
Sam Tate Letter
This collection contains one letter written by Samuel Tate to an associate by the last name Gill about the Memphis and Charleston Railroad.
- Subject: Railroads -- Southern States. X
- Railroads -- Employees. 3
- Banks and banking -- History. 1
- Banks and banking -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Elections -- Tennessee. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Guidebooks. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Maps. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Guidebooks. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Maps. 1
- Greeneville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Invitation cards 1
- Johnson, Andrew, 1808-1875 1
- Jonesborough (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Lexington (Ky.) -- History. 1
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- History. 1
- Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) -- Clergy. 1
- Railroad engineering. 1
- Railroads 1
- Railroads -- Illinois. 1
- Railroads -- Tennessee -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Railroads -- United States. 1 ∧ less