Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Barbara Goddard's Memoirs of Lewis Frelan Goddard
This collection contains the Memoirs of Lewis Frelan Goddard, May 9, 1924 to August 7, 1944, compiled by Barbara Goddard in July 1994. It traces the life of Frelan Goddard with family photographs, certificates, newspaper articles, and correspondence. There are also materials from the family's trip to Europe and about awards given to the family or posthumously to Goddard.
Ben Franklin Oral History
This collection consists of three interview transcriptions with Ben Franklin on from 2004-2005 by G. Kurt Piehler, John B. Romeiser, and Braum Lincoln Denton. In the interviews, Franklin details his childhood in Knoxville, TN and his service in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Charles and Betty Torreyson Collection
This collection contains nine folders of correspondence sent to the Torreysons of Knoxville, mostly between February and April of 1942.
Edgar C. Wilson Oral History
In this interview, Edgar C. Wilson discusses the end of his service in World War II and his postwar life in Knoxville, Tennessee.
Foster Arnett Oral History
This collection houses a typescript of an oral history interview conducted with Foster Arnett by G. Kurt Piehler and Johnny Goins for the Veteran's Oral History Project at the Center for the Study of War and Society. The interview documents Arnett's childhood in East Tennessee, his experiences in the Pacific Theater during World War II, and his postwar legal practice.
Knoxville Community Planning Council Records
This collection houses minutes, plans, reports, correspondence, and publications documenting the Knoxville Community Planning Council's work between 1943 and 1946. The bulk of the material focuses on the Master Planning Committee.
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945. 2
- Agricultural education. 1
- Jedburgh (Program). 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 1
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 1
- Leyte Gulf, Battle of, Philippines, 1944. 1
- Oral history -- United States. 1
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941. 1
- Tennessee -- Economic policy. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- United States. Army. Parachute Infantry Regiment, 511th. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, German. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Secret service -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Underground movements -- France. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less