Land grants -- Tennessee.
Found in 18 Collections and/or Records:
This collection consists of a land grant presenting Andrew S. Wilkins 40 acres of land in Hamilton County, Tennessee.
This collection contains seven land deeds and six land grants from Knox County and, specifically, Knoxville, Tennessee. Two of the land grants are signed by governors of Tennessee, William Carroll in 1839 and William B. Campbell in 1852. Another land grant is signed by John Sevier. Two clerks, M. S. Patterson and R. A. Brown signed the Clerk and Master's Deeds.
This collection consists of one land grant from the United States government to Drury M. Haddick for his service in the military. He served as a private in the Captain Battles' Company, Second Regiment, in the Tennessee Mounted Volunteers in the Florida War.
This collection contains marriage bonds, land deeds, and other legal documents of Rhea County, Tennessee, dating from 1785 to 1893.
This collection contains a land grant from the State of Tennessee for Mr. Green Hill, totaling 40 acres in Rutherford County, Tennessee. The document bears the signature of Governor John Sevier.
This collection consists of one land grant from the United States government to Jeremiah Mayner for his service in the military. He served as a private in Captain Powell’s Company during the Florida War.
This collection consists of one document granting John Dulwitt thirty-one and one-quarter acres of land in Knoxville, Tennessee.
This collection consists of a land grant presenting Moses Swofford 80 acres of land in Polk County, Tennessee.
This collection consists of a handwritten land grant dated July 10, 1788 from the state of North Carolina to George Doherty for 5,000 acres in Giles County (now in Tennessee) on Richland Creek.
This collection consists of a land grant presenting Reuben Gunter 40 acres of land in Polk County, Tennessee.
This collection consists of material relating to the Rhea family of Sullivan County, Tennessee and covers the time period 1807-1931. Contained within the collection are Civil War-era records, John Rhea's financial transactions, Sons of Temperance financial transactions, material on Samuel Rhea's missionary trips to Persia, and John Rhea's correspondence. Also are included are Rhea genealogical material and various church records.
This collection includes land grants from the State of Tennessee to Nashville University and East Tennessee College. All were signed in 1839 by Governor James K. Polk and Secretary Luke Lea.
Colletion consists of an original document confirming the sale of land (four million acres, much of which already had Cherokee and Creek Indian inhabitants) from the state of Georgia to the Tennessee Company, owned by Zachariah Cox and Matthias Maber. The item was signed on January 24, 1795. It specifies the amount of land and its boundaries, marking beginning and ending areas with waterways like Bear Creek and the Tennessee River.
Collection consists of an original document confirming the sale of land from the state of Georgia to the Tennessee Company, owned by Zachariah Cox and Matthias Maber. The item was signed on January 24, 1795. It specifies the amount of land and its boundaries, marking starting and ending areas with waterways like the Tennessee River and uses latitude and longitude.
This index, titled The Tennessee Bee-hive, or Early (1778-1791) North Carolina Land Grants in the Volunteer State, lists the names of 3,151 Revolutionary War soldiers who received land grants in Tennessee as a reward for their military service. A preface describes where this information was found and outlines some of the features of American westward migration.
These two land grants gave Thomas Coffman and his heirs 375 acres of land in Jefferson County, Tennessee. They describe the locations of the land and are signed by Governor William Carroll.
This collection contains documents from 1810 to 1917 concerning the Trotter family of Sevier County, Tennessee, including ledgers, legal documents, letters and other materials.
This collection consists of a deed giving William Tarwater land in Tennessee in January 1840.