McMinn County (Tenn.) -- History.
Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
This collection consists of correspondence and financial papers documenting Albion Tipton Blair of McMinn County, Tennessee between 1840 and 1884. These materials detail the goods and transactions of the general store he owned and the financial collapse of another one of his operations. In addition, the collection houses poetry written or copied by Blair's wife, Eliza Ann (Reynolds) Blair.
This collection houses an array of material documenting 19th century McMinn County, Tennessee. This material includes early land deeds (Folders 5, 6, 21), land surveys (Folder 18), plat and county maps (Folders 13, 20), and notes for sermons (Folders 1, 16, 17, 19).
This book consists of work papers bound into book entitled Governmental and Social Organization of Chestuee Watershed and Vicinity dated August 1952.
These three ledgers record the accounts of Dr. M. T. C. Royston's various patients, who are listed alphabetically at the beginning of each ledger. Each entry lists, with abbreviations, what services Royston provided and the amount he charged.
This collection consists of a bill for coffins from McMinn County, Tennessee, to Thomas Riggins.
This collection consists of a survey map pertaining to the purchase of "Walker Mill Reservation" and four deeds all from McMinn County, Tennessee. The deeds date from 1847-1869.
This collection contains the ledger for a blacksmith in McMinn County, Tennessee. The blacksmith listed each job with customer name, job, and cost. Some recurring names include John and Joseph Copeland, John Benton, David Cantrell, and James Chesnutt.
This collection consists of one piece of paper with the address of Samuel M. Johnston in Fountain Hill, McMinn County, Tennessee. It looks to date from the 19th century.
William G. Brownlow, publisher and editor of Brownlow’s Knoxville Whig, published this article in his newspaper on June 17, 1868. The piece, titled the "McMinn County Manifesto," refers to two articles published in Samuel P. Ivins’ Athens Post on October 3 and 10, 1862.