Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 46
Aaron J. Sharp Collection
Alan S. Heilman Postcard Collection
Donated by Dr. Alan S. Heilman himself, this postcard collection documents thirty years of friendly correspondence between academic acquaintances. These botanical photographic postcards provide brief insight to his time as a professor at the University of Tennessee from 1980 to 1997, sampling his continued passion for botanical photography in his retirement through the year 2009.
Alwin Thaler Papers
This collection contains various letters between Alwin Thaler and other scholars regarding the study of Shakespeare and his works.
Alwin Thaler Papers
This collection consists of a typescript of Alwin Thaler's "Ports and Happy Havens: An Autobiography." Also included are letters sent to and from Alwin Thaler and a few index cards with notes.
Andrew M. Soule Letter to James Maynard
The collection consists of a one page printed letter from Andrew M. Soule to James Maynard on August 27, 1904, discussing his sentiments about leaving the University of Tennessee faculty.
Clara Hamlett Robertson Flannagan Papers
This is a collection of genealogical materials, professional papers, and personal papers related to Clara Hamlett Robertson Flannagan and her first husband, Judson Hall Robertson.
Crockett in Context Collection
This collection includes a variety of research materials, published materials, and ephemera collected by Michael Lofaro pertaining to Davy Crockett, Daniel Boone, and other frontier heroes from the mid-18 century through the 21st century.
Dr. Alvin Nielsen Papers
The Dr. Alvin Nielsen Papers document Nielsen's tenure as physics professor, head of the Physics Department, and the dean of the College of Liberal Arts (now the College of Arts and Sciences) at the University of Tennessee, from 1935-1980. His papers include reports, correspondence, presentations and speeches, newspaper articles, and photographs. The papers also contain materials collected after his retirement and death that commemorate his achievements, from 1980-2001.
Dr. Andrew J. Kozar Sr. Papers
The Dr. Andrew J. Kozar Sr. Papers document the academic and professional career of University of Tennessee physical educator Dr. Andrew “Andy” Kozar. These papers include personal papers and correspondence, administrative records, teaching materials, publications, research materials, and reading files from 1885-2007, with the bulk of the material dating 1951-2007.
Faculty Senate Records
This collection houses memoranda, reports, minutes, agendas, reports, membership information, resolutions, by-laws, and other materials documenting the University of Tennessee's Faculty Senate activities dating from 1936 to the present.
Fesington Carlyle Lowry Papers on Charles Wait
This collection contains newspaper clippings and letters paying tribute to Dr. Charles Wait, a University of Tennessee chemistry professor. The materials were collected by Fesington Carlyle Lowry.
Florence MacLeod Scrapbook
This embossed scrapbook, filled with heartfelt letters from colleagues and former students, was assembled by Edith Jones and Geri Piper to celebrate Florence MacLeod's retirement from the University of Tennessee on September 1, 1962. In addition to 58 letters, it includes items from her retirement party and other mementos from that year.
George F. DeVine Collection
This collection contains materials by and about George F. DeVine, a music professor at the University of Tennessee. Materials include original music compositions, professional summaries, and correspondence. Also available is information related to the dedication of the George F. DeVine Music Library.
Governing the American Democracy
This collection consists of a text entitled Governing the American Democracy which describes the best ways to govern the American Democracy and was intended for an introductory American government course. It is authored by Thomas R. Dye, Lee Seifert Greene, and George S. Parthemos.
Harold S. Fink Collection
This collection contains material regarding the military career of Harold S. Fink, a Lieutenant in the U.S. Naval Reserve who served during World War II.
Harold S. Fink Report of the Trip of History Convention at Doha, Qatar
In this document, Harold S. Fink, retired history professor at the University of Tennessee, gives an account of his trip to a history convention in Doha, Qatar between March 21-27, 1977.
Henry II and his Plans for a Crusade
This collection consists of an essay by Harold S. Fink entitled Henry II and his Plans for a Crusade.
History Department Records
This collection houses records documenting the University of Tennessee's Department of History from 1938 to 1987.
History Department Reprints
These reprints, collected by Dr. J. Wesley Hoffmann of the UT History Department, document important scholarship in the fields of History, Classics, English, and Education. Among the major authors represented are John L. Snell, Leo Loubire, and Robert D. Warth. The reprints are arranged alphabetically by author and then by title.
"Honest Simplicity in William Carlos Williams' "Asphodel, That Greeny Flower""
This collection is a manuscript written by Marilyn Kallet entitled "Honest Simplicity in William Carlos Williams' "Asphodel, That Greeny Flower"". In it, Kallet provides a study of the effect of turmoil on William Carlos Williams' output and theorizing. For Kallet, "Asphodel, That Greeny Flower" is a poem that reaches into the depths of Williams' creative spirit.
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 8
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 4
- American literature -- 20th century. 3
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Research. 3
- Architecture. 2
- Authors, American -- 20th century. 2
- Botanists -- Tennessee. 2
- Botany -- Research. 2
- Botany -- Study and teaching. 2
- Letters. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 2
- American literature -- History and criticism. 1
- American poetry. 1
- Anglo-Saxons in literature. 1
- Architecture -- Study and teaching. 1
- Authors, American -- Southern States. 1
- Authors, American -- Tennessee. 1
- Autobiography. 1
- Chemistry -- Study and teaching. 1
- College sports -- Southern States -- History. 1
- Color photography. 1
- Composers -- United States. 1
- Computer science -- Study and teaching. 1
- Correspondence. 1
- East Tennessee University 1
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 1
- Engineering -- Study and teaching (Higher) 1
- Engineering -- Vocational guidance. 1
- Engineers -- Tennessee. 1
- English teachers -- United States. 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Tennessee. 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- United States. 1
- Governors -- Tennessee. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.). 1
- History -- Study and teaching. 1
- Illumination of books and manuscripts -- Facsimiles. 1
- Kinesiology. 1
- Kinetic theory of gases. 1
- Literature and history -- United States. 1
- Liturgical texts. 1
- Love poetry, American. 1
- Middle Ages -- Drama. 1
- Middle Ages -- Study and teaching. 1
- New York (State) -- History -- 1775-1865. 1
- O'Connor, Flannery -- Criticism and interpretation. 1
- Photographs. 1
- Physical education and training. 1
- Postcards -- Tennessee. 1
- Radiation -- Research. 1
- Sheet music. 1
- Tennessee -- Genealogy. 1
- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 1
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- History. 1
- United States -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775 -- Sources. 1
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- To 1775. 1
- United States -- Politics and government. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Evaluation. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Public relations -- United States. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Periodicals. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Sports. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Department of Agriculture 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Department of Physics. 1
- Women authors, American -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Saipan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 1
- World's Fair of 1982 (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1 ∧ less