Showing Collections: 121 - 140 of 262
James White Papers
This collection consists of papers documenting James White of Knoxville, Tennessee, including genealogical records from the White family Bible and a photocopy of a legal document. A short biography of James White is also included.
Jefferson Justice Report on Siege of Knoxville
Jefferson Justice's handwritten report in September 1863 of items lost in transportation from Crab Orchard, Kentucky to Knoxville, Tennessee after the 1863 Siege of Knoxville; items mentioned include bread, coffee, and sugar.
John B. Brownlow Inspection Report
John McNickle Laird Collection
John McNickle Laird, Jr. of the Ohio 124th Infantry Regiment (U. S.) writes to his mother, Julia Laird, from a camp near Knoxville, Tennessee and from Marietta, Georgia.
John Richards Diary and Correspondence
John Shrady Letters
Letters written by Dr. John Shrady (in a very clear hand) to his wife, Jeannie (Sammis) Shrady, while serving as a surgeon with the 2nd Tennessee Infantry Division during the Civil War. Of particular interest are the letters from July 29, 1863 (which tells of a Rebel massacre near Myandotte'sville, Virginia some time in the past) and September 28, 1864 (which discusses difficulties with mustering out and getting paid and mentions W. G. Brownlow in passing).
John W. Cleland Letter
This collection houses a letter that John Cleland wrote to his sister, Mary J. Jennie Cleland, in Defiance County, Ohio from Knoxville, Tennessee on December 14, 1863. In it, he discusses his regiment's participation in the Battle of Knoxville, including the losses they suffered.
John W. Cleland Letters
This collection includes two handwritten letters by John Cleland, Union soldier during the Civil War, written to his family from outside Knoxville, Tenn. during February and March 1864.
John W. Hammer Letter
While encamped in the Cumberland Ford area of Knox County, Tenn., John W. Hammer serving in the 16th Ohio Infantry Company K writes to a friend named Annie. In this letter dated June 4, 1862, he describes the fortifications that are in place to protect them from the Confederates. His company moves toward the Confederate camps and skirmishes occur.
John Watkins Letter and Speech Transcripts
John G. Whipple created these transcripts from originals housed in MS.1161 in 1998. Included are two speeches entitled The Atlanta Campaign prepared for the members of the 19th Battery Association (as the editor notes, it is unclear which of the two speeches Watkins actually gave) and several war-time letters that Watkins wrote to his fiancee, Sarah Probert, between 1862 and 1865. The transcriptions include notes made by the editor.
John Watkins Papers
This collection consists primarily of letters that John Watkins, then serving with the 19th Ohio Light Artillery, wrote to his fiancee, Sarah Probert, and other family members. In them, he discusses his experiences in the Civil War, including his unit's participation in the East Tennessee Campaign and the Battle of Fort Sanders. Also included are family diaries, photographs, and account books.
Joseph A. Mabry Estate Settlement
The collection contains the estate settlement of Joseph A. Mabry, Jr.
Joseph C. Strong Journals
The first of the journals in this collection recounts Joseph C. Strong's service in the U. S. Navy aboard the warship Trumbull as it escorted other ships from London to the Caribbean in 1800 and 1801. The second larger journal tells of Strong's activities in and around Knoxville in 1816 as he helped to establish a Bible Society. Both of these journals are typewritten copies of the originals.
Joseph Linn King Letter
Kaiser Brothers Day Book
The Kaiser Brothers Day Book Collection contains ledgers from the Kaiser Brothers from October-December 1932. This collection contains warehouse documentation of the wholesale items.
Knox County Bank and Trust Co. List of Stockholders
This collection is a single page document consisting of a mimeograph of a handwritten list of stockholders from January 1, 1895 for Knox County Bank and Trust Company. The list includes the number of shares and amount each stockholder has. The list is signed by cashier Charlton Karns.
Knox County Courthouse Photograph
This collection consists of a framed black and white photograph of seven men in the 3rd floor courtroom of the Knox County Courthouse, circa 1943-1947.
Knox County Health Department Records
This collection houses vital statistics reports, photographs, slides, budgets, scrapbooks, and other materials documenting over a century of health care in Knoxville and Knox County, Tennessee. The bulk of the material is composed of news articles collected in scrapbooks dating from 1931 to 1991 and vital statistics showing Knoxville, Knox County, and Tennessee between 1909 and 1996.
Knox County (Tenn.) Election Ledger
This collection consists of the Knox County Election Ledger, a bound volume including newspaper clippings and handwritten notes, covering elections in Knox County, Tenn. in the years 1909-1916.
Knox County (Tenn.) Records
The Knox County Records, 1794-1832, contain four items pertaining to Knox County, Tenn. They consist of a court testimony from 1794, signed by F. A. Ramsey and Gavin Black, a court order and a marriage certificate from 1821, and a State of Tennessee Bank receipt from 1832.
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 122
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 49
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 41
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 26
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 20
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Commerce. 19
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 19
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 17
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 13
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 11
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Siege, 1863. 10
- World's Fair of 1982 (Knoxville, Tenn.) 10
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 9
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Social life and customs. 8
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Societies and clubs. 8
- Tennessee, East -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 8
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 8
- Fort Sanders, Battle of, Knoxville, Tenn., 1863. 7
- First Presbyterian Church (Knoxville, Tenn.). 6
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Politics and government. 6
- Tennessee -- Religion. 6
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 6
- Account books -- Tennessee. 5
- African Americans -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 5
- Correspondence. 5
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 5
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- History. 5
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 5
- Presbyterians -- Tennessee. 5
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 5
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team). 5
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Theater. 4
- Postcards -- Tennessee. 4
- Soldiers -- Ohio -- Correspondence. 4
- Women -- Societies and clubs. 4
- Banks and banking -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 3
- Books -- Reviews 3
- Dogwood Arts Festival (Knoxville, Tenn.) 3
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 3
- Photographs. 3
- Physicians -- Tennessee. 3
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Tennessee. 3
- Soldiers -- Michigan -- Correspondence. 3
- Tennessee -- Pictorial works. 3
- African Americans -- Tennessee. 2
- Banks and banking -- History. 2
- Blount Mansion (Knoxville, Tenn.) 2
- Book clubs (Discussion groups) -- United States. 2
- Christianity -- Southern States. 2
- City planning -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 2
- Dentists -- Tennessee. 2
- Diaries. 2
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 2
- Exhibitions -- Tennessee. 2
- Feed mills -- Tennessee. 2
- Governors -- Tennessee. 2
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Guidebooks. 2
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.). 2
- Judges -- Tennessee. 2
- Kentucky -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- Politics and government. 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Economic conditions. 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Race relations. 2
- Medicine -- Tennessee. 2
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Mills and mill-work -- Tennessee -- History. 2
- Morristown (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Norris (Tenn.) 2
- Pharmaceutical chemistry. 2
- Pharmacists -- Tennessee. 2
- Photographs -- 20th century. 2
- Politicians -- Tennessee. 2
- Retail trade -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 2
- Scrapbooks. 2
- Slavery -- Tennessee 2
- Soldiers -- Illinois -- Correspondence. 2
- Soldiers -- Tennessee. 2
- Soldiers -- Wisconsin -- Correspondence. 2
- St. John's Episcopal Church, Knoxville, Tenn. 2
- Swiss Americans -- Tennessee -- Knoxville -- History. 2
- Temperance -- Tennessee. 2
- Tennessee -- Genealogy. 2
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal Narratives, Confederate. 2
- Tennessee -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 2
- Tennessee -- History. 2
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 2
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 2
- Tennessee -- Politics and government. 2
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- History. 2
- Tennessee, East. 2
- Theater -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 2
- Theaters -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Campaigns. 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Food supply. 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons. 2
- United States. Army. Corps, 23rd (1863-1865). 2
- United States. Army. Michigan Cavalry Regiment, 8th (1862-1865). 2
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 111th (1862-1865). 2
- United States. Army. Wisconsin Cavalry Regiment, 1st (1861-1865). 2
- Universities and colleges -- Social aspects. 2 ∧ less
- English 261
- French 1
- Staub, Peter, 1827-1904 2