Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
C. M. McClung & Co. Records
This collection houses receipts and letters from the C. M. McClung & Co. hardware company, located in Knoxville, Tennessee, recording sales to Frank William Taylor of Morristown, Tennessee made between 1929 and 1941.
Carver Wagon Company Papers
This collection contains a letter and three receipts documenting purchases from the Carver Wagon Company in Morristown, Tennessee made in 1918, 1924, and 1940.
Davis Drug Company Records
This collection contains papers pertaining to the Davis Drug Company in Morristown, Tennessee dating between 1898 and 1904. The collection includes ledger books of remedy recipes, prescription notes, a photograph of the interior of the store, W. J. Davis' pharmacist license from the Tennessee Board of Pharmacy, checks written to the drug store, and a list of accounts that owed money to the store in 1904.
Henry Weeks Letters
In these letters to his sisters (who may have been living in Cleveland, Ohio) George Henry Weeks discusses military movements, describes camp life, sends news of his health, and gives his opinions of the war.
Hermitage Feed Mills Records
This collection houses invoices and sales contracts produced by the Hermitage Feed Mills (located in Nashville, Tennessee) documenting sales of animal feed to Frank William Taylor of Morristown, Tennessee in 1934, 1935, and 1940. Also included are advertising fliers from Hermitage Mills, including prices.
John W. Cleland Letters
This collection includes two handwritten letters by John Cleland, Union soldier during the Civil War, written to his family from outside Knoxville, Tenn. during February and March 1864.
Morristown, Tenn., Collection
This collection, the Morristown, Tenn., Collection, 1840-1955 (bulk 1910-1955), contains 19 items in three series. It is a random assortment of receipts, checks, photographs, letters, and other documents, dealing with Morristown, Tenn.
Samuel M. Raimi Brief Synopsis of "Book of the Dead"
This collection contains a single typed manuscript that contains a brief synopsis from 1979 written by Samuel M. Raimi entitled, "Book of the Dead." This text would become the basis for his 1981 film, "The Evil Dead."
Security Mills Records
This collection houses receipts from Security Mills of Knoxville, Tennessee recording sales of feed to Frank William Taylor and the Taylor Supply Company of Morristown, Tennessee from 1924 to 1941.
Whittaker-Holtsinger Hardware Co. Records
This collection houses receipts from the Whittaker-Holtsinger Hardware Co., located in Morristown, Tennessee, recording sales to Frank William Taylor and the Taylor Supply Company from 1924 to 1941.
William A. Smith Letter
William A. Smith of the 116th Pennsylvania Infantry (also called the Irish Brigade) wrote this letter to his family in Chester County, Pennsylvania on August 30, 1863. In it, he reports that three men from the 2nd Division (one from the 71st Pennsylvania Infantry and another from the 20th Massachusetts Infantry) were executed for desertion and speculates that some from his own regiment might suffer the same fate.
William C. Newell Letter
In an October 22, 1842 letter to Mr. B. R. Loxley of Philadelphia, Pa., William C. Newell of Morristown, Tenn., inquires about purchasing Haven's Chart on the Subject of Baptism. He notes that many people in the area would be interested in purchasing the charts after having once seen them.
- Subject: Morristown (Tenn.) X
- Morristown (Tenn.) -- History. 9
- Morristown (Tenn.) 3
- Feed mills -- Tennessee. 2
- Hardware stores -- Tennessee. 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Atlanta Campaign, 1864 1
- Baptists -- Tennessee -- Hamblen County. 1
- Hamblen County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Morristown (Tenn.) -- Social life and customs. 1
- Motion picture producers and directors -- United States. 1
- Motion pictures -- United States. 1
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Pharmacists -- Tennessee. 1
- Soldiers -- Pennsylvania -- Correspondence. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental Histories. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 111th (1862-1865). 1
- Wholesale trade -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1 ∧ less