Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
This collection features a single, mounted black and white photograph of 6 female patients and 15 female nurses from the Eastern State Hospital for the Insane dating circa 1915.
The George P. Palo Papers, circa 1860s-1990s (bulk 1920s-1990s), contains the personal and professional papers of George P. Palo, former Chief Engineer of TVA, and his wife Annie G. Palo. The collection consists of articles, biographical documents, correspondence, school papers from M. I. T., photographs, and travel material from Europe, USA, Russia, China, etc. The bulk of the collection spans George's career with TVA and his experiences with civil engineering.
The Glass Plate Negative Collection consists of hundreds of glass plate negatives taken in the United States and internationally between 1903 and 1936. Siblings Anna Chandler and S. Virgil Chandler collected and organized the glass plate negatives by state, U.S. and North American region, and international country. The collection also includes uncategorized glass plate negatives, as well as photographic prints and negatives derived from the glass plates.
This collection contains one framed photograph by H. Carl Waite (front row, right side, hat over left elbow) of post office employees in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The photograph is dated May 19, 1919.
Collection contains twelve portrait photographs of women taken in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Most of the photographs have no identifying information except for studio information, and some of the photographs are mounted.
Three photographs and a discharge certificate for Oscar Benjamin Franklin, a sergeant in Company D of the Third Tennessee Infantry, sent to Texas in 1916 for border patrol.
This collection contains seven panoramas of Tennessee ROTC training circa 1917.
These papers document the military training and career of William G. Keen, an Army Air Force lieutenant who served in Europe during and after World War II. The collection includes several years of correspondence, training documents, professional photos, issues of many different magazines and newspapers from his various posts, as well as an assortment of memorabilia saved from service and travel.
- Subject: Photographs -- 20th century. X
- Photographs -- 19th century. 3
- Chattanooga (Tenn.) 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 2
- Photographers -- Tennessee. 2
- Portrait photography -- Tennessee. 2
- African American physicians -- History. 1
- African Americans -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- African Americans -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- Civil engineering. 1
- Dentists -- Tennessee. 1
- Diaries. 1
- Fraternal organizations. 1
- Hospitals -- Tennessee. 1
- Lookout Mountain (Appalachian Mountains) -- Pictorial works. 1
- Memphis (Tenn.) 1
- Panoramic photographs 1
- Photographs. 1
- Photography -- Plates. 1
- Portrait photography -- United States. 1
- Postal service -- Employees. 1
- Postal service -- Tennessee. 1
- Postcards. 1
- Psychiatry -- History. 1
- Tennessee -- Pictorial works. 1
- Tennessee, East. 1
- United States. Air Force -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- V-mail. 1
- Voyages and travels. 1
- World War, 1914-1918. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 1 ∧ less