Showing Collections: 21 - 32 of 32
This collection houses seven volumes documenting the activities of the firm of Payne and Sons between 1911 and 1920.
This collection houses 46 volumes of cash books, day books, daily records, feed books, order books, and other records documenting the activities of the Pryor Brown Livery Stables and Transfer Company between 1883 and 1916.
This sales ledger, apparently from a lumber company, bears no identifying marks. A random sample of the customers listed includes Sam Smith of Burnevill (Kentucky), Calhoun Colored School, Bledsoe Lumber Co. in Salem, Illinois, Bradford Wholesale Furniture Company, Nashville Trunk Company, Federal Chemical Company, Miss Fannie Battle, American Snuff Company, and Granland Construction Company.
This collection contains a single check dated May 5, 1892 from the Knoxville, Tennessee drug company Sanford, Chamberlain, and Albers in the amount of forty dollars and seventy-six cents to a Mr. M. Roberts.
This collection houses five volumes documenting the guests of Dandridge's Shepard Inn between 1907 and 1928.
The collection contains a single letter, written to Johan (?) Graf from the Stifel & Pfeiffer Brewery in Nashville, Tennessee (January 15, 1873). The letter appears on the brewery's letterhead and is written entirely in German. The contents concern a (potential?) business deal and the price of selling beer to and in Knoxville.
The Tennessee Mill Company Records, 1903-1909, document the business of a flour, corn meal, and feed processing factory in Estill Springs, Tenn. Most of the records consist of correspondence to or from Charles H. Corn, superintendent of the plant.
A manuscript written by Ross M. Cunningham on the topic of state control and promotion of marketing in Tennessee. Cunningham presented this paper to the Tennessee State Planning Commission on December 9, 1936.
This collection consists of a ledger for Thomas Clark of Nashville, Tenn., circa 1869.
These two ledgers, apparently compiled by a lumber company operating in Tennessee and shipping nationwide, date from August 7, 1900 to September 2, 1903. Among the most common entries are sawdust, freight, hickory, and cedar flooring.
This ledger, which dates from 1897 to 1901, may have been kept by a shipping company based in Tennessee. Several of the pages are labeled with the names of various companies, including the Cassetty Oil Company and the Phillips and Buttorff Manufacturing Company in Nashville, Tennessee. Other entries document such expenses as Freight Outgoing, Supplies and Repairs, Road Expenses, and Machinery.
This collection houses five ledgers documenting the activities of Benton, Tennessee's Reynolds Store between 1841 and 1866.
- Subject: Tennessee -- Commerce. X
- Tennessee -- History. 10
- Account books -- Tennessee. 5
- Correspondence. 2
- Hotels -- Tennessee, East. 2
- Lumber trade -- Tennessee. 2
- Taverns (Inns) -- Tennessee, East. 2
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- To 1865. 2
- Banks and banking -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- Breweries -- Tennessee -- Nashville. 1
- Claiborne County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Dandridge (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Franklin (Tenn.) -- History 1
- Franklin County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Gatlinburg (Tenn.) 1
- German Americans -- Tennessee, East. 1
- Grocers -- Tennessee. 1
- Henry County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Hickman County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Insurance -- United States. 1
- Ireland -- Genealogy. 1
- Iron industry and trade -- Tennessee. 1
- Iron mines and mining -- Tennessee. 1
- Jefferson County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Hamilton County (Tenn.). 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Polk County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Recovering alcoholics -- Tennessee. 1
- Sevier County (Tenn.). 1
- Shipping -- United States -- History. 1
- Slavery -- Tennessee 1
- Slavery -- Tennessee -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Tennessee -- Economic conditions. 1
- Tennessee -- Genealogy. 1
- Tennessee, East -- History. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1815-1861. 1
- Wartburg (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Washington County (Tenn.) -- History. 1 ∧ less
- English 31
- German 1