Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
This collection includes various letters written to and by Al Bravin, a Mess Sergeant in the 3rd Division of the 47th Infantry, during World War II as well as news clippings featuring articles about his division's service.
A scrapbook compiled by Bessie Huffstetler of newspaper clippings throughout World War II. Most of the clippings document national news regarding the war efforts. Also included are newspaper clippings documenting the work at Oak Ridge, Tennessee on the atomic bomb.
This collection consists of correspondence regarding a World War II prisoner of war who was a member of the 106th Infantry Division in 1945. It also contains the Railsplitter newspaper from May 1945.
This collection houses newspaper articles from 1938 Florida newspapers. These items document the intensification of the Nazi threat to world stability during 1938.
This collection features issues of two military newspapers from World War II. One, titled "Guinea Gold," is dated March 7, 1944. The other is, "The Stars and Stripes," is dated May 9, 1945.
This collection features eight newspaper clippings from the Milwaukee Journal discussing the efforts of American soldiers in World War II in 1944.
This collection includes news articles, currency, and photographs from Oliver Summers's service during World War II. Also included are his graduation invitations and an installation of officers pamphlet from Summers's 1953 commencement ceremonies at UT Memphis.
Copies of the Maryville-Alcoa Times and The Tennessean with featured articles on prisoner of war camps during World War II.
This collection includes copies of Yank (four issues) and Leatherneck (two issues) magazines from 1944-1945 belonging to Robert Thurman.
This collection consists of a newsletter titled Toucan Topics, which documents events in the world abroad and on the Allied Forces' military base in the British colony of Guiana.
This collection contains several copies of the "Chandelle," a publication from the Station Hospital in Moody Field, Georgia from 1944 and 1945 regarding its Convalescent Training Program. Also included is a Toastmasters address, a letter from Walter Lassen, and a Station Hospital Booklet.
This collection contains newspaper clippings and issues of Yank Magazine.
- Subject: World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 8
- United States. Army. 5
- World War, 1939-1945. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Press coverage. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 2
- Guyana. 1
- Military bases, American. 1
- Oak Ridge (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Prisoners of war 1
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- University of Tennessee, Memphis -- Alumni and alumnae. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Causes. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- South America. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 1 ∧ less