Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
These papers document Cecil Staley’s service with the U.S. Army Air Forces during World War II in the Pacific Theatre of Operations. Included are Staley’s typed accounts of his missions in Japan from December 1944 to July 1945.
This collection consists of a folder that contains letters and a transcription of the diary belonging to Howard O. Lane, bomber in the U.S. Air Force during World War II.
This collection features John Crowe's personal narrative, "Days in the Wild Blue Yonder," written about his service in the European Theater during World War II.
In this collection, M. E. Springer discusses his life as a non-combat soldier in World War II and his postwar work conducting soil surveys in Japan.
This collection contains documents concerning the McGill family from Knoxville, TN. Four of the McGill children, addressed in this collection, served in the U.S. military during World War II.
This collection documents Meeks B. Vaughan's time serving with the 17th Photographic Reconnaissance Squadron in World War II. Included are personal belongings, such as a handwritten diary, currency (both domestic and foreign), photographs and a photograph album. The collection also contains military documents such as supply, order, and transfer forms; certificates; receipts; and intelligence photographs and maps from his photographic missions.
- United States. Army Air Forces. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 2
- Soil surveys -- Japan. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 9th. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Veterans -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1 ∧ less