Showing Collections: 21 - 29 of 29
This collection consists of military records, papers, publications, and keepsakes from World War II veteran Paul Parmalee. Among the keepsakes includes ephemera which Parmalee collected during his service in the Pacific Theater of War, specifically Japan, such as Japanese postcards, pamphlets, cards, and maps. Also included are Army-issued publications such as books, newsletters, and guides.
This collection features photographs, documents, and currency from Robert A. Page's service during World War II in the United States Army.
This collection contains copies of photos taken in the Philippines and Hiroshima, Japan, in 1945.
This collection contains eleven American propaganda pamphlets aimed at encouraging Japanese troops to surrender during World War II. These pamphlets are written in Japanese with English translations attached.
This collection consists of 21 black and white photographs taken in Hawaii and other Pacific locales by Roy Epps, U. S. Navy, during World War II.
This collection consists of an April 27, 2000 interview with Thomas N. Parlon for the Veteran's Oral History Project at the Center for the Study of War and Society, Department of History, University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Parlon discusses his participation in the National Guard and his service in the Pacific.
This collection contains correspondence of World War II veteran Turner E. Kirkland writing about his experiences in the Pacific Theater of war.
The Walter Goolsby Collection includes correspondence to family and other officers, newspapers, photographs, and military and veteran documents from the 1940s and the late 1980s.
This memoir, written in 1996, is William Bobbitt's account of his time fighting in the Pacific Theater during World War II. The manuscript traces his military career from his training with a National Guard Unit in 1941 to his discharge in 1945. During his service, Bobbitt was stationed on many Pacific islands and faced combat in the Philippines.
- United States. Navy. 10
- United States. Army. 8
- World War, 1939-1945. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 3
- United States. Air Force. 2
- United States. Army Air Forces. 2
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Philippines. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 2
- Atomic bomb -- Japan -- Hiroshima-shi. 1
- Baptists -- Missions -- Africa. 1
- Great Depression. 1
- Hiroshima-shi (Japan) -- History -- Bombardment, 1945. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 1
- Leyte Gulf, Battle of, Philippines, 1944. 1
- Louisiana -- History. 1
- Missionaries -- Africa, Sub-Saharan. 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) 1
- Oral history -- United States. 1
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941. 1
- United States. Army. Division, 40th. 1
- United States. Army. Parachute Infantry Regiment, 511th. 1
- United States. Marine Corps. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Burma. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Saipan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, Japanese. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Propaganda. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1 ∧ less
- English 28
- Japanese 1