Showing Collections: 41 - 60 of 4234
This collection is a publication that was was compiled by the Legislative Project of the Public Interest Research Group of Tennessee. It features short biographies of each member of the 89th general assembly, as well as information on the issues to be addressed during that term, and a directory of special interest associations.
This collection consists of an essay by Harold S. Fink entitled A Criticism of the Chronicle of Guibert of Nogent.
This bibliography, compiled in 1975, lists and describes works by Edgar Allan Poe held at the University of Tennessee's Special Collections Library.
A Digest of all the Cases Reported in Tennessee and of the Cases Contained in Haywood's North Carolina Reports
A single notebook of Charles Ready's, titled A Digest of all the Cases Reported in Tennessee and of the Cases Contained in Haywood's North Carolina Reports and dated October 10, 1827, in which he has handwritten legal information gleaned from cases reported in Tennessee as well as reports from North Carolina by John Haywood. The information is arranged by topic and the topics are listed alphabetically.
In this letter to Joseph Mayberry in Knoxville, Tennessee, Andrew Bishop (who is being held as a prisoner of war at Point Lookout, Maryland) appeals to Mayberry's generous spirit for some small pecuniary assistance ... to get some small necessary articles. Bishop served with the 3rd East Tennessee Infantry (CSA) before his capture. Researchers should note that Mayberry should most likely be spelled Mabry.
This photograph depicts the USS Tennessee's first target practice. In this instance, the ship is firing broadside.
This collection houses seven boxes of record books documenting the flora present in the A. F. Sanford Arboretum between 1930 and 1941. The plants are arranged alphabetically by genus.
This scrapbook of Abigail F. Wilmarth Speer's contains an index for a history course as well as various news clippings about her husband, Rev. Samuel W. Speer, and his involvement in the field of female education.
This collection consists primarily of approximately 8,000 photographs of the Great Smoky Mountains and the Smoky Mountains Hiking Club taken by Albert Gordon Dutch Roth between 1916 and 1960. It also houses a number of photographs taken by Dutch Roth's daughter, Margaret Ann Roth, and a variety of print materials (including correspondence, announcements and invitations, programs, and maps) documenting the SMHC.
This collection houses two photographic plates possibly made by A. G. Dutch Roth. The first plate shows two girls playing instruments. The original envelope identifies them as Elsa and Lenor Derelof, but no further information is available regarding either child. The second plate shows an older woman sitting in a chair. The original envelope identifies her as Mrs Roth.
Collection contains a three page handwritten letter and envelope to Dr. Jesse Snodgrass from A. G. Franklin. The letter was written on July 22, 1864, and sent from Knoxville, Tennessee to Snodgrass, a surgeon for the Union Army, who was stationed in Atlanta, Georgia.
This collection consists of two books containing letters to and from A. G. Heinsohn.
This letter, written by A. G. Showey Company H of of the 30th Indiana Volunteers, is addressed to his cousin and dated April 18th, 1862 from Murfreesboro, Tennessee. He describes his general well-being and inquires as to the health of his relations; furthermore, he requests a letter from his cousin, Clomeria Green.
This collection consists of 38 articles by Snyder Roberts published in the Roane County News between December 30, 1981 and September 15, 1982.
This collection houses legal documents, correspondence, and other materials documenting A. H. Hubbs' efforts to purchase land in Tennessee and establish the Tennessee Phosphate Rock Co.
This collection houses a cased ambrotype of a Union soldier (probably A. H. Pierce), a photograph of Grandpa Bailey, A. H. Pierce's diary, a guard duty ticket from Camp McClellan, Iowa, and a three-fold pocket surgery kit.
Reverend John E. Alexander presented this sketch to the Presbyterian Historical Society of Philadelphia on July 2, 1876. In it, he details the history of the Presbyterian Church of Greeneville, Tennessee (previously known as Harmony and Mt. Bethel), including a list of the members of the church's session since its early years.
One copy of the dissertation, "A History of Music in Knoxville, Tennessee, 1791 to 1910," written by Emma Katherne Crews.
This collection consists of a ledger for the A. Huddleston and Co. hardware store in Fulton, Kentucky, covering the years 1895 to 1900. It contains records of purchases from suppliers and sales to customers.
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 348
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 306
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 289
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 250
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 245
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 129
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 103
- World War, 1939-1945. 100
- United States. Army. 95
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 95
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 86
- Tennessee -- History. 81
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 57
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 57
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 55
- Correspondence. 52
- United States. Navy. 50
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 50
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 49
- Soldiers -- Ohio -- Correspondence. 48
- Authors, American -- Tennessee. 46
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 45
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 44
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 42
- Tennessee -- Politics and government. 41
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 40
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.). 39
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History. 39
- Slavery -- Tennessee 35
- Tennessee -- Commerce. 35
- Account books -- Tennessee. 34
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 34
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 33
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 32
- United States. Army Air Forces. 30
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 30
- Davidson County (Tenn.) -- History. 29
- Authors, American -- 20th century. 28
- United States. Air Force. 28
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 28
- Photographs. 26
- County courts -- Tennessee. 25
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 24
- Legal documents -- Tennessee. 24
- Motion pictures -- United States. 24
- Tennessee -- Genealogy. 24
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- To 1865. 24
- Tennessee, East -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 24
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 23
- Account books. 22
- Governors -- Tennessee. 22
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- History. 22
- Land tenure -- Tennessee. 22
- Legal documents -- United States. 22
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History. 22
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team). 22
- United States. Marine Corps. 22
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 21
- Tennessee -- Religion. 21
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 21
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 21
- Broadsides 19
- Education -- Tennessee. 19
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Commerce. 19
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States. 19
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.). 18
- Land grants -- Tennessee. 18
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- History. 17
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 17
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- History. 17
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 17
- World War, 1914-1918. 17
- Authors, American -- Southern States. 16
- Radiobiology. 16
- Railroads -- Tennessee. 16
- Tennessee -- Pictorial works. 16
- Washington County (Tenn.) -- History. 16
- Court records -- Tennessee -- Knox County. 15
- Screenplays 15
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons. 15
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 15
- American literature -- 20th century. 14
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 14
- Greeneville (Tenn.) -- History. 14
- Medicine -- Tennessee. 14
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 14
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Tennessee. 14
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 14
- Tennessee, East -- History. 14
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 14
- College students -- Tennessee. 13
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Social life and customs. 13
- Presbyterians -- Tennessee. 13
- Sevier County (Tenn.). 13
- Sheet music. 13
- United States -- Description and travel. 13
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate. 13
- Women -- Education -- Tennessee. 13
- Women -- Societies and clubs. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 13 ∧ less
- English 4204
- German 10
- Latin 8
- French 4
- Japanese 2