Showing Collections: 41 - 60 of 4192
Collection — Folder: 1
Abstract This collection is a publication that was was compiled by the Legislative Project of the Public Interest Research Group of Tennessee. It features short biographies of each member of the 89th general assembly, as well as information on the issues to be addressed during that term, and a directory of special interest associations.
Abstract This collection consists of an essay by Harold S. Fink entitled A Criticism of the Chronicle of Guibert of Nogent.
Abstract This bibliography, compiled in 1975, lists and describes works by Edgar Allan Poe held at the University of Tennessee's Special Collections Library.
A Digest of all the Cases Reported in Tennessee and of the Cases Contained in Haywood's North Carolina Reports
Abstract A single notebook of Charles Ready's, titled A Digest of all the Cases Reported in Tennessee and of the Cases Contained in Haywood's North Carolina Reports and dated October 10, 1827, in which he has handwritten legal information gleaned from cases reported in Tennessee as well as reports from North Carolina by John Haywood. The information is arranged by topic and the topics are listed alphabetically.
Abstract In this letter to Joseph Mayberry in Knoxville, Tennessee, Andrew Bishop (who is being held as a prisoner of war at Point Lookout, Maryland) appeals to Mayberry's generous spirit for some small pecuniary assistance ... to get some small necessary articles. Bishop served with the 3rd East Tennessee Infantry (CSA) before his capture. Researchers should note that Mayberry should most likely be spelled Mabry.
Abstract This photograph depicts the USS Tennessee's first target practice. In this instance, the ship is firing broadside.
Abstract This collection houses two letters, one certificate, and one advertisement documenting the University of Tennessee during the 1880s. Guy B. Wetzell wrote the first letter to his friend A. F. Bellingrath on October 5, 1887. In it, he discusses his service as a U.T. cadet, lists the officers of the various companies, describes the activities of the Chi Delta literary society, and mentions the local women. A. F. Bellingrath wrote the second letter to the U.T. Alumni Association in 1933. It...
Abstract This collection houses seven boxes of record books documenting the flora present in the A. F. Sanford Arboretum between 1930 and 1941. The plants are arranged alphabetically by genus.
Abstract This scrapbook of Abigail F. Wilmarth Speer's contains an index for a history course as well as various news clippings about her husband, Rev. Samuel W. Speer, and his involvement in the field of female education.
Abstract This collection consists primarily of approximately 8,000 photographs of the Great Smoky Mountains and the Smoky Mountains Hiking Club taken by Albert Gordon Dutch Roth between 1916 and 1960. It also houses a number of photographs taken by Dutch Roth's daughter, Margaret Ann Roth, and a variety of print materials (including correspondence, announcements and invitations, programs, and maps) documenting the SMHC.
Abstract This collection houses two photographic plates possibly made by A. G. Dutch Roth. The first plate shows two girls playing instruments. The original envelope identifies them as Elsa and Lenor Derelof, but no further information is available regarding either child. The second plate shows an older woman sitting in a chair. The original envelope identifies her as Mrs Roth.
Overview Collection contains a three page handwritten letter and envelope to Dr. Jesse Snodgrass from A. G. Franklin. The letter was written on July 22, 1864, and sent from Knoxville, Tennessee to Snodgrass, a surgeon for the Union Army, who was stationed in Atlanta, Georgia.
Abstract This collection consists of two books containing letters to and from A. G. Heinsohn.
Abstract This letter, written by A. G. Showey Company H of of the 30th Indiana Volunteers, is addressed to his cousin and dated April 18th, 1862 from Murfreesboro, Tennessee. He describes his general well-being and inquires as to the health of his relations; furthermore, he requests a letter from his cousin, Clomeria Green.
Abstract This collection consists of 38 articles by Snyder Roberts published in the Roane County News between December 30, 1981 and September 15, 1982.
Abstract This collection houses legal documents, correspondence, and other materials documenting A. H. Hubbs' efforts to purchase land in Tennessee and establish the Tennessee Phosphate Rock Co.
Abstract This collection houses a cased ambrotype of a Union soldier (probably A. H. Pierce), a photograph of Grandpa Bailey, A. H. Pierce's diary, a guard duty ticket from Camp McClellan, Iowa, and a three-fold pocket surgery kit.
Abstract Reverend John E. Alexander presented this sketch to the Presbyterian Historical Society of Philadelphia on July 2, 1876. In it, he details the history of the Presbyterian Church of Greeneville, Tennessee (previously known as Harmony and Mt. Bethel), including a list of the members of the church's session since its early years.
Abstract One copy of the dissertation, "A History of Music in Knoxville, Tennessee, 1791 to 1910," written by Emma Katherne Crews.
Abstract This collection consists of a ledger for the A. Huddleston and Co. hardware store in Fulton, Kentucky, covering the years 1895 to 1900. It contains records of purchases from suppliers and sales to customers.
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 351
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 308
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 290
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 246
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 244
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 130
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 103
- World War, 1939-1945. 99
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 95
- United States. Army. 92
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 87
- Tennessee -- History. 81
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 56
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 56
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence. 54
- Correspondence. 52
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 50
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 49
- Soldiers -- Ohio -- Correspondence. 49
- United States. Navy. 45
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 45
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 45
- Authors, American -- Tennessee. 43
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 41
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 41
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History. 39
- Tennessee -- Politics and government. 39
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.). 37
- Slavery -- Tennessee 34
- Tennessee -- Commerce. 34
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 34
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 33
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 33
- Account books -- Tennessee. 32
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 30
- United States. Air Force. 28
- United States. Army Air Forces. 28
- Authors, American -- 20th century. 27
- Davidson County (Tenn.) -- History. 27
- Photographs. 26
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 26
- County courts -- Tennessee. 25
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 24
- Legal documents -- Tennessee. 24
- Motion pictures -- United States. 24
- Tennessee, East -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 24
- Tennessee -- Genealogy. 23
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- To 1865. 23
- Account books. 22
- Governors -- Tennessee. 22
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 22
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- History. 22
- Legal documents -- United States. 22
- Memphis (Tenn.) -- History. 22
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team). 22
- United States. Marine Corps. 22
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 21
- Tennessee -- Religion. 21
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 21
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 21
- Land tenure -- Tennessee. 20
- Broadsides 19
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States. 19
- Education -- Tennessee. 18
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Commerce. 18
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 17
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- History. 17
- World War, 1914-1918. 17
- Authors, American -- Southern States. 16
- Radiobiology. 16
- Railroads -- Tennessee. 16
- Tennessee -- Pictorial works. 16
- Washington County (Tenn.) -- History. 16
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- History. 15
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (N.C. and Tenn.). 15
- Land grants -- Tennessee. 15
- Screenplays 15
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons. 15
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 15
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 15
- American literature -- 20th century. 14
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 14
- Greeneville (Tenn.) -- History. 14
- Medicine -- Tennessee. 14
- Nashville (Tenn.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 14
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- Tennessee. 14
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 14
- Tennessee, East -- History. 14
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 14
- College students -- Tennessee. 13
- Presbyterians -- Tennessee. 13
- Sheet music. 13
- United States -- Description and travel. 13
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate. 13
- Women -- Education -- Tennessee. 13
- Women -- Societies and clubs. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 13
- Authors, American. 12 ∧ less
- Staub, Peter, 1827-1904 2
- American Red Cross 1