Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 23
Alex Haley Papers
This collection houses manuscripts, correspondence, photographs, cassette tapes, videotapes, trial transcripts, and other materials documenting Alex Haley's literary career. Of particular interest are those materials showing Haley's Roots and the subsequent plagiarism trials related to the book.
Alexander Family Genealogical Sketch
In this photocopied genealogical sketch, J. G. M. Ramsey traces the Alexander family's genealogy from Sir William Alexander (the first of the family to settle in the United States) to his granddaughter, Rhody (Alexander) Rodgers and her immediate family. Ramsey was related to the Alexanders through his father, who was William Alexander's great-grandson.
Bentley Family Papers
This collection contains two series: the first consisting of personal correspondence, mostly to Blanche (Spurlock) Bentley in the 1920s and 1930s and the second consisting of notes, clippings, and photographs regarding genealogy of Blanche (Spurlock) Bentley's family.
Burum and Gallaher Family Papers
This collection houses photographs, correspondence, business records, and other materials documenting the Gallaher and Burum families of Tennessee and their descendants in California and Washington State. Additionally, the collection contains some information about Roane College in the late 19th century.
Catherine Maines Papers
This collection includes genealogical information and histories of various Tennessee families. The family surnames include: West, Hadley, Stout, Kelly, and Roberts. The collection also includes a Roberts Family attendee list for Washington Presbyterian Church of Corryton, Knox County, Tennessee. The papers include days of birth and death, titles, and places of residence within the family histories. Family origins and members are also listed in chronological order.
Clara Hamlett Robertson Flannagan Papers
This is a collection of genealogical materials, professional papers, and personal papers related to Clara Hamlett Robertson Flannagan and her first husband, Judson Hall Robertson.
Cooke Family Collection
This collection houses an array of material documenting 19th century McMinn County, Tennessee. This material includes early land deeds (Folders 5, 6, 21), land surveys (Folder 18), plat and county maps (Folders 13, 20), and notes for sermons (Folders 1, 16, 17, 19).
Daughters of the American Revolution Lineage Records
The collection consists of one record book with the lineage records of the members of the James White Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution. The records are dated up to June 3, 1929.
Ellis Genealogical Collection
This collection houses binders and notebooks documenting Dixie Lee McCrary's research for her 1978 book The Ellis line from Surry - Sussex in Virginia.
Florence N. R. McCrossin Index
Henley Family Papers
Hoskins Family Bible
This collection consists primarily of the Hoskins family's King James Bible, published in 1834. Also included is a photocopy of the Bible's family record, which focuses on the families of William and Susan B. (Dickason) Rawls and William Patton and Mary Olivia (Rawls) Mills Hoskins.
Hubbs-Frost and Allied Families Collection
This collection houses research that Ferol Frost Hubbs (or FFH, as she refers to herself in her notes) conducted for her book, Hubbs-Frost and Allied Families (1973).
James P. Brownlow Obituary
This collection consists of a hand-written obituary notice for Brigadier General James P. Brownlow, copied from the New York Herald in 1879.
Magill Family Genealogical Papers
The Magill Family Genealogical Papers spans the years 1914 to 1966 and concerns the genealogical research done on the Johnston-Magill family in East Tennessee.
Mills Family Bible
This Bible, published by Langdon Coffin of Boston, Massachusetts in 1831, belonged to the Mills family of Virginia and Tennessee. It contains family records for Robert and Mary Barbara (Sharp) Mills' children and the children of three unidentified women (possibly enslaved by Robert S. Mills) named Sary, Mary, and Dolley. Also included is a letter from Robert Mills to his son, Robert S. Mills, giving his children's birthdates and describing Abraham Mills' multiple attempts at bigamy.
Park Family Papers
This collection houses correspondence, ledgers, and bank records documenting the lives of several members of the Park family in Knoxville, Tennessee and Galleighan, Ireland. Among the topics discussed are family news, national politics, and land holdings that the Parks are renting out.
Penelope Johnson Allen Collection
This collection contains the papers of historian and genealogist Penelope Johnson Allen, from the 1770s to the 1980s, primarily the twentieth century. The collection includes personal papers, research material, genealogical research material, publications, and more.
Sevier Family of Virginia and Tennessee
This collection is a genealogy report on the first three generations of the Sevier Family of Virginia and Tennessee.
Seymour Family Papers
- Tennessee -- History. 4
- Genealogy. 3
- Genealogy -- Charts, diagrams, etc. 2
- Virginia -- Genealogy. 2
- African American authors. 1
- African Americans -- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Chattanooga (Tenn.) 1
- Cherokee Indians -- History. 1
- City planning -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution -- History. 1
- Families -- Tennessee. 1
- Ireland -- Genealogy. 1
- Jefferson County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Knox County (Tenn.) -- Genealogy. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Societies and clubs. 1
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Hamilton County (Tenn.). 1
- Land tenure -- Tennessee -- Washington County. 1
- Legal documents -- Tennessee. 1
- McMinn County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Melungeons -- History. 1
- Obituaries -- Tennessee. 1
- Slave trade -- United States -- History. 1
- Slavery -- Southern States. 1
- Southern States -- Maps 1
- St. John's Episcopal Church, Knoxville, Tenn. 1
- Sumner County (Tenn.) -- Genealogy. 1
- Tennessee -- Church history. 1
- Tennessee -- Commerce. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- 19th century. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- 20th century. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- To 1865. 1
- Tennessee -- Religion. 1
- Tulare County (Calif.) -- Genealogy. 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1815-1861. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 1
- Washington (State) -- Genealogy. 1
- Women authors, American -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less