Showing Collections: 181 - 200 of 208
University of Tennessee Football Memorabilia
This collection houses a variety of material documenting the University of Tennessee football team from 1908 to 1993. These items include a ribbon worn by UT fans at the 1908 Vanderbilt-UT game, football schedules from 1934, 1970-72, 1990-91, and 1992-93, an advertisement from the Athletic Association promoting season tickets for the 1930-31 season, and finally a facetious University of Tennessee Entrance Exam for Prospective Football Players and Fans by Johnny Majors dated 1984.
University of Tennessee Football Squad Photograph
This collection houses one photograph of the University of Tennessee 1916 Football Squad.
University of Tennessee Freshman Cap
This collection houses a single freshman cap worn by first-year students at the University of Tennessee from the 1920’s to the 1940’s. The cap is made of green felt and displays an orange UT symbol on its front.
University of Tennessee History Week Collection
This collection houses photographs of displays, handwritten notes, advertisements, a preliminary plan and tactics, and emails documenting the University of Tennessee's History Week in 1996.
University of Tennessee Men's Glee Club
Spirit of the Vols Recording
This collection houses one 45' LP RCA record entitled Spirit of the Vols. It contains four tracks: Alma Mater,Fight Vols Fight,Down the Field Cheers (including Two Bits, Four Bits,Ho Hi Hey,Yeh Vols Fight, and Yeh Orange, Yeh Vols), and Great Day. The performance was directed by Ambrose Holford and sung by the Tenn-Men. The record case contains the lyrics to the Alma Mater.
University of Tennessee Minstrel Troupe Broadside
This broadside advertises a performance by the UT Minstrel Troupe at the Science Hall featuring song, dance, and story. The show cost 30 cents per person and promised Funny Faces by Funny Folks in a Funny Faculty Frolic.
University of Tennessee Postcard Collection
This collection consists of color postcards showing various University of Tennessee, Knoxville campus views and specific campus buildings. The subjects depicted include views of the campus from Circle Park, Barbara Blount Hall, Ferris Hall, the main entrance to the Hill, Ayres Hall, Sophronia Strong Residence Hall, the Home Economics Building, and the Agricultural Experiment Station. The postmarks range from 1905 to 1941. The collection also includes a report of grades postmarked in 1933.
University of Tennessee Research Corporation Records
This collection houses materials (including a Charter of Incorporation) documenting the University of Tennessee Research Corporation. Much of the information dates from the late 1960s and illustrates such issues as control over research funding, especially in the area of Public Health.
University of Tennessee Scrapbooks
This collection houses two scrapbooks produced by the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Each contains a summation of the University's history from 1794 to 1897 on the inside cover and official University photographs of the main buildings on campus. The first scrapbook was never used but the second belonged to University of Tennessee student Harriette Locke Arnell and documents her time at the University from September 1919 to June 1920.
University of Tennessee Scrapbooks
This collection contains University of Tennessee scrapbooks, dated 1890-1979.
University of Tennessee Seal and Symbol Collection
This collection houses images of various incarnations of University of Tennessee symbols, logos, and official seals as well as notes on and guidelines for their use.
University of Tennessee Slide Collection
This collection houses slides depicting a variety of scenes on the University of Tennessee campus. Subjects include faculty (for example former Chancellor Charles Weaver and former President Andrew Holt), staff, students, and buildings (particularly the business and engineering buildings).
University of Tennessee Sports and Memorabilia Collection
This collection houses a variety of items documenting sports at the University of Tennessee, including football tickets (signed by R. S. Lillard, Jr.) from 1962, football schedules for 1911, 1915, and 1938, a University of Tennessee calendar (including photographs) for 1914, an alumni pin, and two copies of the Alert Newsletter from 1962.
University of Tennessee Veterans Affairs Records
This collection consists of records documenting veterans' affairs at the University of Tennessee, particularly establishing policies relating to reporting status and monitoring veteran students attending the University with VA funding.
University of Tennessee World War II Memorial Service
This collection consists of a program for a memorial service held on October 20, 1946 to honor University of Tennessee alumni and students lost during World War II and a letter from University President James D. Hoskins to the family of Walter Welch Gentry inviting them to attend. The program includes poems, the order of services, and a list of deceased alumni and students.
University of Tennessee's U. S. Constitution Bicentennial Committee Records
This collection houses materials created and gathered for the U. S. Bicentennial (1976).
University Relations Records
This collection houses notes, correspondence, and scripts that the University of Tennessee's University Relations department used to create video promotions and campaigns.
University Studies Collection
This collection houses materials documenting the first few years of the University Studies Program, an interdisciplinary collection of activities designed to provide a broad view of science, social science, and humanities. Materials include a timeline showing the establishment of the program, a 1986 program review, budget materials, and catalog entries.
This collection houses one ledger book containing financial information documenting the University of Tennessee from 1918 to 1919. Subjects include academic departments (civil engineering, agronomy, animal husbandry, botany, etc.), salaries, advertising, commencement, and other topics.
UT Radio Broadcast Programs
This collection houses scripts of radio programs broadcast on University of Tennessee radio stations from 1997 to 2005. The material for each month consists of a cover page with a one-line summary of each news story broadcast and detailed scripts (including handwritten edits) for each report. These reports cover University, state, and national news.
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 206
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 192
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 54
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 9
- Greek letter societies -- Tennessee -- Knoxville. 8
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team). 7
- Education, Higher -- Administration. 5
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 5
- Universities and colleges -- Social aspects. 5
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Administration. 5
- Women college students -- Tennessee. 5
- African American college students -- Tennessee. 4
- Student activities -- Tennessee. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty. 4
- Universities and colleges -- Honors courses. 4
- College student newspapers and periodicals. 3
- College teachers -- Tennessee. 3
- Commencement ceremonies -- United States. 3
- History -- Study and teaching. 3
- African American teachers. 2
- African Americans -- Education. 2
- Counseling -- Study and teaching. 2
- Education, Higher -- Social aspects. 2
- Information science -- Study and teaching. 2
- Journalism -- Study and teaching. 2
- Professional development. 2
- Race relations -- Tennessee. 2
- State universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 2
- Universities and colleges -- Evaluation. 2
- Universities and colleges -- Public relations. 2
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee -- Finance. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Funds and scholarships. 2
- World War, 1939-1945. 2
- Advertising -- Study and teaching. 1
- Affirmative action programs -- Tennessee. 1
- American Revolution Bicentennial, 1976 -- Tennessee. 1
- American poetry -- Tennessee. 1
- Botanical illustration. 1
- Chemistry -- Study and teaching. 1
- Civil rights -- Tennessee. 1
- Collective bargaining -- College employees. 1
- College buildings -- Tennessee. 1
- College presidents -- Tennessee. 1
- College radio stations. 1
- College student government. 1
- College students -- Tennessee. 1
- College students' writings, American -- Tennessee. 1
- College students. 1
- College teachers -- United States -- Rating of. 1
- College verse, American -- Tennessee. 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Counseling in higher education -- Tennessee. 1
- Dairying -- Study and teaching. 1
- Debates and debating -- Tennessee. 1
- Education -- Louisiana. 1
- Educational psychology -- Study and teaching. 1
- Graphic arts -- Study and teaching. 1
- High schools -- Tennessee. 1
- Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration. 1
- Interdisciplinary approach in education -- Tennessee. 1
- Jews -- Study and teaching. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Social life and customs. 1
- Labor unions -- Tennessee. 1
- Lady Volunteers (Basketball team). 1
- Letters. 1
- Minority college students -- Tennessee. 1
- Minstrel shows. 1
- Music -- Instruction and study. 1
- New York (State) -- History -- 1775-1865. 1
- Neyland Stadium (Knoxville, Tenn.). 1
- Oak Ridge (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Peace movements -- Tennessee. 1
- Public health -- Study and teaching. 1
- Public relations -- Study and teaching. 1
- Rhenium. 1
- Schools -- Insignia. 1
- Science -- Periodicals. 1
- Student aid -- Tennessee. 1
- Student movements -- Tennessee. 1
- Tennessee Volunteers (Basketball team). 1
- Tennessee Volunteers (Football team) -- Pictorial works. 1
- Tennessee, East -- History. 1
- United States -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775 -- Sources. 1
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783. 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- To 1775. 1
- United States. Air Force ROTC. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- United States. Dept. of Veterans Affairs. 1
- United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration. Life Sciences Division. 1
- United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration. Medical Sciences Division. 1
- United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration. Spacelab Flight Division. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Curricula -- Catalogs. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Planning. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Societies, etc. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Buildings. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Centennial celebrations, etc. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Faculty. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Pictorial works. 1 ∧ less