Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
74th General Hospital Collection
This collection features papers, correspondence, and photographs from reunions of the 74th General Hospital.
Alice Boehret Correspondence
This collection consists of correspondence written by Alice Boehret during her service with the Army Nurse Corps during World War II. Boehret wrote almost daily letters between 1942 and 1946 to her family, mainly her sisters and mother, and document her time in the European Theater of War, particularly with the 74th General Hospital.
Brenda Sue Hutchison Ration Book
This collection is a single ration book issued to Brenda Sue Hutchison on May 11, 1945 in Knoxville, Tennessee.
Elizabeth K. Rogers Collection
Geneva R. Thompson Photographs
Two portrait photographs of Geneva Thompson, who served with the Women's Army Corps (WAC) during World War II, in uniform. Also included is a newspaper clipping regarding Thompson.
Helen F. Kuhns Papers
The Helen F. Kuhns Papers, 1944-1963 (bulk 1945) consist primarily of incoming correspondence of Kuhns, a member of the women's naval branch during World War II. In addition to incoming correspondence, this collection also contains government issued pamphlets and flyers as well as correspondence to the Round Robin group.
James Vernon Thompson Collection
This collection consists of World War II letters and military pass connected with James Vernon Thompson, Pfc.
Jeanne Barkley Collection
This collection includes 10 ration books issued during World War II to Jeanne Alice Barkley, her sister Elizabeth George Barkley, and their mother Blanche Joella Barkley. Also included are four issues of Yank magazine.
Jeanne Pawloski Collection
This collection features photographs, papers, correspondence, and memorabilia from Jeanne Pawloski's service as a nurse with Detachment A of the 74th General Hospital during World War II.
Letter Regarding Mrs. Benneson Janes
This collection contains a single letter from the American Red Cross concerning the transfer of Mrs. Benneson Janes during World War II.
Luttrell, McClure, and Goehring Families Ration Books
This collection houses ration books issued to the Luttrell, Walling, McClure, Dunwoody, Aucker, Johnston, and Goehring families of Knoxville, Tennessee and to the Bucklew family of West Virginia during World War II. Ration books one through four are represented in addition to ration tokens and wallets to hold these materials.
Marinell St. Clair Eldredge Collection
This collection features documents, news articles, and photographs from Marinell St. Clair Eldredge's participation in the 1945 Aviation Psychology Program Flight Project at the University of Tennessee. She was certified as a pilot for the U.S. Air Forces in 1945.
Mrs. Vincent Bartlen News Clippings
This collection features eight newspaper clippings from the Milwaukee Journal discussing the efforts of American soldiers in World War II in 1944.
Roslyn Balcombe Memoir
This collection includes Roslyn Balcombe's 58-page handwritten memoir about her World War II experiences.
Ruth E. Anderson Papers
Veda Bateman Collection
This collection includes photocopies of photographs from Veda Bateman’s service with the American Red Cross during World War II. Also included are two buttons, one from the Red Cross, and with the Nazi Eagle insignia.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 12
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women. 5
- World War, 1939-1945. 5
- Rationing -- United States -- History. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 3
- United States. Army Nurse Corps. 2
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Hospitals. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 2
- United States. Navy -- Women. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Economic aspects -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less
- American Red Cross 1