Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
19th century Tennessee Photographers Collection
The 19th century Tennessee Photographers Collection, ca. 1850-1900, consists of 177 photographs taken by photographers throughout Tennessee during the second half of the 19th century. The majority of these photographs are of unidentified subjects.
19th century Tennessee Photographs
This collection contains eight 19th century photographs of twenty-one unidentified persons taken by several Tennessee photographers.
Annie G. McDowell Postcards
This collection houses postcards printed in 1906 and sent to Annie G. McDowell of Asheville, North Carolina in 1908 and 1909. All of the cards show scenes of Knoxville and Tennessee.
B. R. McKinnie Carte de Visite
This collection contains a single black and white carte de visite of B. R. McKinnie (sometimes spelled McKinney). The date on the verso side (1861-1865) suggests this photograph was taken during the Civil War.
George S. Baker Collection of Hales Bar Photographs
This collection consists of photographs depicting Hales Bar Dam in Guild (Haletown), Marion County, Tennessee, during construction.
H. Carl Waite Photograph of Chattanooga, Tenn., Post Office Employees
This collection contains one framed photograph by H. Carl Waite (front row, right side, hat over left elbow) of post office employees in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The photograph is dated May 19, 1919.
Herbert E. Copeland Slide Collection
The Herbert E. Copeland Slide Collection consists of 180 glass-plate negatives, dating around the turn of the 20th century. There are many slides of people, parades, and homes. Some are from East Tennessee.
Homes of Tennessee Photograph Collection
This collection consists of a photograph album depicting several houses in Tennessee, including Belle Meade near Nashville, Tennessee, Fair View near Gallatin, and Rattle and Snap near Columbia. The photographs and album are undated and were taken and compiled by an unknown photographer.
Knoxville (Tenn.) Chamber of Commerce Collection
Photographs of Tennessee Cities Collection
This collection contains images (primarily postcard views) of 135 Tennessee cities. It is particularly rich in images of Knoxville, documenting the city and its history through pictures of airports, individual buildings, maps, vistas, people, vehicles, the Tennessee River, street scenes, and the 1982 World's Fair.
Portrait of McKee School Teachers
This collection contains one glass slide photograph of the teachers at McKee School in Nashville, ca. 1865. There are five white women and one white man.
R. L. Iddins Photographs of the Watauga Dam Area
These six photographs show the areas that were flooded when the TVA completed the Watauga Dam in 1948.
Spanish-American War Photographs
These photographs include a review of troops, Sandwich Parade and Camp of 31st Michigan Volunteers in September 1898.
The black and white photograph shows an unidentified house and field in Tennessee.
Trains and Trolleys of Tennessee Photographs
This collection contains 56 photographs of trains and trolleys from around Tennessee from 1900-1961 (bulk 1938-1942). The pictures are alphabetized by city. W. H. Thrall, from the collection of Frank E. Ardrey, Jr., took many of them. A number are stamped George E. Votava.
Two Daguerrotypes (possibly Seviers)
This collection contains two daguerrotypes, one featuring a man and woman and the other featuring a young woman. Neither image is dated or identified, although the donor believed the couple to be Seviers.
University of Illinois Geological Survey Photographs
This collection houses aerial photographs of various locations in East Tennessee produced by the University of Illinois Geological Survey between 1938 and 1942. Most of the images depict Bledsoe, Campbell, and Hamilton counties.
Walter M. Cline Photographs
This collection houses a number of photographs that Walter M. Cline took in the 1930s of southeastern parks, roads, scenery, and TVA dams.
- Subject: Tennessee -- Pictorial works. X
- Tennessee -- Pictorial works. 16
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 3
- Dams -- Tennessee -- Pictorial works. 2
- Portrait photography -- Tennessee. 2
- Alabama -- Pictorial works. 1
- Bledsoe County (Tenn.) 1
- Campbell County (Tenn.) 1
- Chattanooga (Tenn.) 1
- Chattanooga (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Great Smoky Mountains (N.C. and Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 1
- Hales Bar Dam (Tenn.) 1
- Hamilton County (Tenn.) 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- Economic conditions. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History -- Pictorial works. 1
- Marion County (Tenn.) 1
- North Carolina -- Pictorial works. 1
- Photographers -- Tennessee. 1
- Photographs -- 20th century. 1
- Photographs. 1
- Postal service -- Employees. 1
- Postal service -- Tennessee. 1
- Postcards -- Tennessee. 1
- Railroads -- Tennessee. 1
- Spanish-American War, 1898 -- Pictorial works 1
- Spanish-American War, 1898. 1
- Street-railroads -- Tennessee. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Pictorial works. 1
- Tennessee -- History. 1
- Tennessee River -- Pictorial works. 1
- Tennessee Valley Authority -- Pictorial works. 1
- Watauga Lake Region (Tenn.) -- Pictorial works. 1
- World's Fair of 1982 (Knoxville, Tenn.) 1 ∧ less