Showing Collections: 101 - 120 of 268
George Lawson Collection
This collection includes a transcript of an interview with George Lawson, World War II veteran, and the subsequent news article written about his service.
George Remaley Collection
Photographs and papers documenting George Remaley's service in the European Theatre with the 9th Infantry Division of the U.S. Army during World War II.
George William Wyatt Papers
This collection is comprised of photocopied, proof versions of George W. Wyatt's Super Breed 1, later published as Super Breed 1: A Journal of the First Marine Engineers, Pioneers, and Seabees, and Super Breed 2. While Super Breed 1 documents several campaigns of the 1st Combat Engineer Battalion, a significant portion of the book focuses on Wyatt's personal experiences in the Guadalcanal Campaign. Super Breed 2 is made up almost entirely of captioned photographs.
Gladys Bonine's "Recollections of One Army Nurse in World War II"
This collection consists of Gladys Bonine’s typed memoir entitled “Recollections of One Army Nurse in World War II.” The 132-page memoir documents Bonine’s service in World War II including her decision to enlist, her training, and her time as a nurse in England.
Glen R. Burchby Papers
This collection documents Glen Burchby's World War II military service. Included are letters written to Burchby, mostly during 1943-1945; a three-page typescript with details about Burchby’s life and military service, including his time as a prisoner of war from 1944-1945; and a photocopy and English translation of a German history of Stalag IV-B prisoner of war camp, the camp in which Burchby was held.
Gordon Strevel Collection
This collection consists of two copies of the Sawbuck Gazette, dated January 24 and July 15, 1995. Also included is a registry of enlisted men's names and their addresses throughout the United States dated 1955.
Gus W. Dyer Collection
This collection contains Gus W. Dyer’s memoirs, essays, diary entries, and correspondence from his time serving in World War II in the Pacific Theater.
H. P. Griffith Collection
This collection, created by World War II veteran H. P. Griffith, contains a single copy of the newspaper Stars and Stripes, Pacific edition, from October 3, 1945, as well as military and Japanese currency.
Harold B. Murray Papers
This collection consists of Harold Murray's personal correspondence, photographs, and military records from his service in World War II, as well as an extensive collection of newsletters about the United States Army Air Force.
Harold S. Fink Collection
This collection contains material regarding the military career of Harold S. Fink, a Lieutenant in the U.S. Naval Reserve who served during World War II.
Harry H. Mittenthal Collection
This collection includes a typed copy of Statement of Capt. Harry H. Mittenthal which details Mittenthal's experience as a Japanese prisoner of war during World War II from 1942 to 1945.
Harry Leake Collection
This collection contains papers, correspondence, and a personal narrative related to World War II veteran Harry Leake’s experience in the European Theater of war with the Fifth Army.
Harry S. Arnold Memoir
This collection consists of Harry S. Arnold's personal memoir of the actions and men of Easy Company, 393 Infantry. Arnold served in the United States Army Reserve during World War II and throughout this memoir, he reflects on the men who served in battles with him and those who contributed their memories to the story. He describes missions he was appointed in England, France, and Belgium and stories of the soldiers he served with in World War II.
Henri B. Atkins Collection
This collection includes a copy of Henri B. Atkins' "Recollections of WWII," a typed memoir detailing his experiences during his World War II service.
Henry Kent Memoir
This memoir (richly illustrated with copies of original photographs) documents Henry Kent's service as a pilot in North Africa and Italy during World War II. Kent discusses such subjects as the planes in use during World War II, the day-to-day operations of his unit, and the activities of his various friends while capturing the hardship, fear, and humor of the situation.
Henry W. Kent Memoir
This collection houses a copy (on CD) of Henry W. Kent's memoirs documenting his experience with the 86th Fighter Squadron (then assigned to the 79th Fighter Group) in North Africa during World War II. It contains detailed descriptions and photographs (many in color) of their service.
Hermon C. Sloan Papers
This collection contains three patriotic poems by Hermon C. Sloan, a World War II veteran, and a biographical statement.
Hill Family Papers
Included is the correspondence from Robert H. Foster to his grandparents (Mr. and Mrs. G.L. Hill), mother (Ida Louise Hill ), sister (Dorothy Hill), and aunt (Mrs. Hollis Nunley) during his time served in WWII. Also included is a letter from Jean Brasfield to Mrs. Hill.
Hogins Family Collection
This collection consists of correspondence, photographs, press clippings, recollections, and ephemera collected by Evelyn Hogins concerning World War II. It also includes material concerning Evelyn's mother, Annie Hogins, and Evelyn's brothers: Clifford, Lawrence "Buster", and Marshall Hogins. The brothers all served in the U.S. military. A significant portion of the collection is comprised of photocopies.
Horace L. Simpson, Jr. Papers
- Subject: World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. X
- United States. Army. 65
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 58
- World War, 1939-1945. 52
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 38
- United States. Navy. 29
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 27
- United States. Army Air Forces. 23
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 23
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 23
- United States. Air Force. 21
- United States. Marine Corps. 20
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 12
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France. 10
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 10
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Ocean. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Hospitals. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 6
- United States. Army Nurse Corps. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Maps. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations -- Submarine. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American. 4
- Oral history -- United States. 3
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941. 3
- Photographs. 3
- United States. Air Force -- History. 3
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 15th. 3
- United States. Army. Division, 80th. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Asia. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Germany. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Philippines. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women. 3
- Correspondence. 2
- Hiroshima-shi (Japan) -- History -- Bombardment, 1945. 2
- Iwo Jima, Battle of, Japan, 1945. 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Korean War, 1950-1953. 2
- Prisoners of war 2
- Prisoners of war -- Germany. 2
- United States. Army -- Medals, badges, decorations, etc. 2
- United States. Army. Armored Division, 8th. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 2
- V-mail. 2
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Burma. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France -- Normandy. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care -- Great Britain. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, African American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, German. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, Japanese. 2
- Agricultural education. 1
- Air pilots, Military -- United States. 1
- Airlift, Military -- United States. 1
- Anzio Beachhead, 1944. 1
- Ardennes, Battle of the, 1944-1945. 1
- Arnhem, Battle of, Arnhem, Netherlands, 1944. 1
- Atomic bomb -- Japan -- Hiroshima-shi. 1
- Atomic bomb -- United States -- History. 1
- Baptists -- Missions -- Africa. 1
- Camp Crowder (Mo.) 1
- Cerignola (Italy). 1
- Dollmakers -- United States. 1
- Ecuador -- Aerial photographs. 1
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 1
- Enterprise (Aircraft carrier : CV-6). 1
- France -- Social life and customs -- 20th century. 1
- Gardening 1
- Germany -- History -- 1945-1955. 1
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 1918-1945. 1
- Great Depression. 1
- Guadalcanal, Battle of, Solomon Islands, 1942-1943 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Guided missiles -- Design and construction. 1
- Handicraft -- Tennessee. 1
- Jefferson City (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 1
- Leyte Gulf, Battle of, Philippines, 1944. 1
- Louisiana -- History. 1
- Memphis Belle (B-17 bomber) 1
- Missionaries -- Africa, Sub-Saharan. 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) 1
- Nagasaki-shi (Japan) -- History -- Bombardment, 1945. 1
- New York (N.Y.) -- Aerial views. 1
- Nuclear facilities -- United States. 1
- Oak Ridge (Tenn.) 1
- Operation Torch, 1942. 1 ∧ less
- English 266
- German 1
- Japanese 1