Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
This collection features papers, correspondence, and photographs from reunions of the 74th General Hospital.
This collection consists of correspondence written by Alice Boehret during her service with the Army Nurse Corps during World War II. Boehret wrote almost daily letters between 1942 and 1946 to her family, mainly her sisters and mother, and document her time in the European Theater of War, particularly with the 74th General Hospital.
This collection is a single ration book issued to Brenda Sue Hutchison on May 11, 1945 in Knoxville, Tennessee.
Two portrait photographs of Geneva Thompson, who served with the Women's Army Corps (WAC) during World War II, in uniform. Also included is a newspaper clipping regarding Thompson.
The Helen F. Kuhns Papers, 1944-1963 (bulk 1945) consist primarily of incoming correspondence of Kuhns, a member of the women's naval branch during World War II. In addition to incoming correspondence, this collection also contains government issued pamphlets and flyers as well as correspondence to the Round Robin group.
This collection consists of World War II letters and military pass connected with James Vernon Thompson, Pfc.
This collection includes 10 ration books issued during World War II to Jeanne Alice Barkley, her sister Elizabeth George Barkley, and their mother Blanche Joella Barkley. Also included are four issues of Yank magazine.
This collection features photographs, papers, correspondence, and memorabilia from Jeanne Pawloski's service as a nurse with Detachment A of the 74th General Hospital during World War II.
This collection contains a single letter from the American Red Cross concerning the transfer of Mrs. Benneson Janes during World War II.
This collection houses ration books issued to the Luttrell, Walling, McClure, Dunwoody, Aucker, Johnston, and Goehring families of Knoxville, Tennessee and to the Bucklew family of West Virginia during World War II. Ration books one through four are represented in addition to ration tokens and wallets to hold these materials.
This collection features documents, news articles, and photographs from Marinell St. Clair Eldredge's participation in the 1945 Aviation Psychology Program Flight Project at the University of Tennessee. She was certified as a pilot for the U.S. Air Forces in 1945.
This collection features eight newspaper clippings from the Milwaukee Journal discussing the efforts of American soldiers in World War II in 1944.
This collection includes Roslyn Balcombe's 58-page handwritten memoir about her World War II experiences.
This collection includes photocopies of photographs from Veda Bateman’s service with the American Red Cross during World War II. Also included are two buttons, one from the Red Cross, and with the Nazi Eagle insignia.
- Subject: World War, 1939-1945 -- Women. X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 11
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women. 5
- World War, 1939-1945. 5
- Rationing -- United States -- History. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Tennessee. 3
- United States. Army Nurse Corps. 2
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Hospitals. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 2
- United States. Navy -- Women. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Economic aspects -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 1 ∧ less
- American Red Cross 1