Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 40
Jerome Jacobs World War II Memoirs
This collection consists of Dr. Jerome Jacobs' World War II memoirs, entitled Some Came Home. The bulk of the material documents the years from 1941 to 1945. Dr. Jacobs, a fighter pilot veteran, recounts his experiences training as a pilot, his involvement in combat and in Operation Market Garden, and some of his experiences as a prisoner of war.
John Crowe Collection
This collection features John Crowe's personal narrative, "Days in the Wild Blue Yonder," written about his service in the European Theater during World War II.
Kenneth L. Ross Collection
This collection features military records from Kenneth L. Ross's service during World War II. Also included is correspondence during this time. Kenneth L. Ross served in the United States Air Forces as a pilot and aerial bomber.
Lonas Tarr Oral History
This collection consists of a transcript of an interview with Lonas Tarr by G. Kurt Piehler and Kathryn P. O'Donnell conducted on March 7, 2003 in Knoxville, Tennessee as part of the Center for the Study of War and Society's Veteran's Oral History Project. Tarr speaks of his childhood in Jefferson City, his experiences in the Air Force during World War II, and his postwar life working as an American Airlines pilot in Europe.
M. E. Springer Oral History
In this collection, M. E. Springer discusses his life as a non-combat soldier in World War II and his postwar work conducting soil surveys in Japan.
McGill Family Papers
This collection contains documents concerning the McGill family from Knoxville, TN. Four of the McGill children, addressed in this collection, served in the U.S. military during World War II.
Ned F. Smith Newspaper Clippings and Other Materials
This collection houses photocopies of newspaper clippings, a certificate, and a letter documenting Ned F. Smith's service during World War II.
Neil B. Schultz Papers
This collection includes typed biographical notes and a short memoir as well as photocopies of photographs and articles all documenting the life and World War II service of Neil Schultz.
Oscar R. Ashley Papers
This collection consists of Oscar Roy Ashley's personal World War II materials and includes correspondence, press clippings, military papers pertaining to his quartermaster training, and documents regarding his work as a quartermaster. Also available are two scrapbooks, a photograph album, and other commemorative materials from his service.
Psychological Research Unit Photographs
This collection contains 27 photographs from the U.S. Army Air Forces's Psychological Research Unit at the Nashville Army Air Center based out of Nashville, Tennessee.
Richard Dane Papers
This collection consists of certificates, military documents, and press clippings concerning Sergeant Richard Dane's service in the United States Army Air Force in World War II, from 1942-1945.
Robert C. Jackson Collection
This collection contains military documents, phtographs, and publications regarding Robert C. Jackson, a pilot in the Air Force during World War II.
Robert Harrington DVD
This film, entitled Troublemaker -- A Pilot's Story of WWII, documents Robert Harrington's service flying B-24s in Europe with the 466th Bomb Group during 1944.
Straight and Level: The Story of the 33rd Photo Reconnaissance Squadron in World War II, by J. B. Woodson Jr.
This book describes the World War II activities of the 33rd Photo Reconnaissance Squadron. The author, J. B. Woodson, Jr., was a Photo Lab Technician of the squadron.
Thomas O. Bigger Papers
U.S. Army Air Corps 63rd College Training Detachment Photographs and Negatives
This collection houses negatives and photographs depicting the 63rd College Training Detachment of the Army Air Forces, which operated at the University of Tennessee between 1943 and 1944.
Walter C. Johnson Collection
This collection features a birth announcement created by Walter C. Johnson to announce the arrival of his daughter while he served in World War II.
Walter M. Higgs Papers
This collection consists of an address book, correspondence, enlistment and honorable discharge records, photographs, press clippings, and a promotion list from Walter M. Higgs' service in the United States Army Air Force during World War II. Higgs served in the Pacific Theater as part of the 17th Bomber Squadron 27th Bombardment Group and was a POW in Japan.
William Clark Collection
This collection includes publications kept by William Clark about the Fifteenth Air Force (established in 1943 during WWII). The three publications are Fifteenth Air Force “Sorties” from 1985, 1986, and 1988.
World War II Letters of Private Clifford Edward Keenan
The book housed in this collection is composed of transcriptions of letters written between Private Clifford E. Keenan and his immediate family from 1942 to 1944. Editor Hugh T. Keenan (Clifford E. Keenan's younger brother) has also included a brief biographical introduction and numerous photographs of the Keenan family.
- United States. Army Air Forces. 31
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 28
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 10
- World War, 1939-1945. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 4
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 15th. 3
- Correspondence. 2
- Humboldt (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Parachute troops -- United States. 2
- Soldiers -- Tennessee -- Correspondence. 2
- United States. Air Force. 2
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 9th. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 2
- Arnhem, Battle of, Arnhem, Netherlands, 1944. 1
- Cerignola (Italy). 1
- Jefferson City (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Oral history -- United States. 1
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941. 1
- Prisoners of war 1
- Soil surveys -- Japan. 1
- Stalag Luft III. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Transport Command. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Bombardment Group (H), 455th. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Bombardment Group (Heavy), 466th. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Fighter Group, 364th. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Fighter Squadron, 525th. 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Photo Reconnaissance Squadron, 33rd. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Veterans -- United States. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, German. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Reconnaissance operations, American. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Underground movements -- Netherlands. 1 ∧ less