Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 264
This collection features papers, correspondence, and photographs from reunions of the 74th General Hospital.
This collection features 18 photographs and one postcard depicting various activities of the 74th General Hospital during World War II.
This collection houses four issues of the Shell And Flames, a quarterly newsletter distributed to members of the 137th Armored Ordnance Maintenance Battalion Association.
The 306th Bombardment Group Historical Association, an organization founded to promote communication between veterans of the unit, published its first directory in April of 1984. Each of the two directories in this collection contain the names and addresses of each veteran arranged alphabetically, geographically, and by squadron.
This collection consists of a scrapbook that was compiled for the 58th reunion of the 79th Infantry Division in September 2004. The scrapbook is titled 314th Infantry Regiment and 79th Reconnaissance Troop (Mechanized), The Cross of Lorraine Division, 79th Infantry Division. An unattached article Withdrawal in Alsace is also included.
This collection houses a compilation of papers documenting the 455th Bomb Group including military orders, photographs, and material showing the conception of the 455th Bomb Group Association. These papers provide a wealth of information about the strategic nature of the air war in Europe, the quality of life for pilots and crew members in combat, and the camaraderie of squads following the end of the war.
This collection is a single copy of the publication, “1277 Engineers: History of the 1277th Engineer Combat Battalion,” which belonged to World War II veteran Jack Agee.
This collection consists of memoir titled, A Brief History of Marine Air Warning Squadron Eight by Ed. Farmer, written in 1984. It includes a history of the Marine Air Warning Air Squadron Eight stationed in Okinawa, Japan during World War II. The booklet includes maps and personnel rosters of the various operations of MAWS-8 as they landed in Okinawa.
Written by Douglas and Mildred Norman for the 40th Anniversary of World War II, "A Magic Moment" details Tennessee Technological University's history in the world wars and its participation. The Normans describe Tennessee Tech's efforts to house and accomodate returning WWII veterans and the conditions in which the small school worked to honor their veterans.
This collection includes various letters written to and by Al Bravin, a Mess Sergeant in the 3rd Division of the 47th Infantry, during World War II as well as news clippings featuring articles about his division's service.
This collection includes maps of Central Europe, the Middle and Near East, Scandinavia, Austria, and Alaska as well as a regional atlas and a world map all dating from the early to mid 20th century.
This collection is that of Albert F. Tramposch, Staff Sergeant of the 529th Fighter Squadron stationed in China during World War Two. The years spanning this collection are from 1942 to 1946 and contain diaries, photographs, memorabilia, pamphlets and booklets, publications, maps and personal military files.
This collection contains a diary in which Albert Hall Bowman wrote his notes on his experiences during the invasion of Normandy in World War II.
This collection consists of correspondence written by Alice Boehret during her service with the Army Nurse Corps during World War II. Boehret wrote almost daily letters between 1942 and 1946 to her family, mainly her sisters and mother, and document her time in the European Theater of War, particularly with the 74th General Hospital.
This collection includes five issues of The Excrowderlite News, a publication for service members who were stationed at Camp Crowder, Missouri during World War II. These issues date from 1983 to 1985. The newsletters include member updates and addresses as well as photographs and recollections written by members about their time at Camp Crowder.
This collection contains documents pertaining to Andrew E. McGill, Private First Class in the U.S. Army during World War II until being officially and honorably discharged in 1945.
This collection consists of two anonymous photographs from the United States Marine Corps during World War II, along with a index card with captions and notes.
This collection contains 36 World War II photographs from Arthur D. Lewis who served in the European Theater.
This collection includes a news clipping from 1995 featuring a tribute to Arthur Eugene Kiser, who was killed in action January 16, 1945. This article commemorates the 50 years that had passed since his death near Eupen, Belgium at the age of 23-years-old.
This collection includes accounts written by Artie E. Akers documenting different stories from his time as a submarine "volunteer" during World War II.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 260
- United States. Army. 66
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 60
- World War, 1939-1945. 49
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 39
- United States. Navy. 31
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 29
- United States. Army Air Forces. 23
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 23
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 23
- United States. Air Force. 21
- United States. Marine Corps. 20
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 14
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 10
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Ocean. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Hospitals. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 5
- United States. Army Nurse Corps. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Maps. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations -- Submarine. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American. 4
- Correspondence. 3
- Oral history -- United States. 3
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941. 3
- Photographs. 3
- United States. Air Force -- History. 3
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 15th. 3
- United States. Army. Division, 80th. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Asia. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Germany. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Philippines. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women. 3
- Hiroshima-shi (Japan) -- History -- Bombardment, 1945. 2
- Iwo Jima, Battle of, Japan, 1945. 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Korean War, 1950-1953. 2
- Louisiana -- History. 2
- Prisoners of war 2
- Prisoners of war -- Germany. 2
- United States. Army. Armored Division, 8th. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville. 2
- V-mail. 2
- Veterans -- United States -- Interviews. 2
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Burma. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France -- Normandy. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care -- Great Britain. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, African American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, German. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, Japanese. 2
- Agricultural education. 1
- Air pilots, Military -- United States. 1
- Airlift, Military -- United States. 1
- Anzio Beachhead, 1944. 1
- Ardennes, Battle of the, 1944-1945. 1
- Arnhem, Battle of, Arnhem, Netherlands, 1944. 1
- Atomic bomb -- Japan -- Hiroshima-shi. 1
- Atomic bomb -- United States -- History. 1
- Baptists -- Missions -- Africa. 1
- Camp Crowder (Mo.) 1
- Cerignola (Italy). 1
- Dollmakers -- United States. 1
- Ecuador -- Aerial photographs. 1
- Ecuador. 1
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 1
- Enterprise (Aircraft carrier : CV-6). 1
- France -- Social life and customs -- 20th century. 1
- Gardening 1
- Germany -- History -- 1945-1955. 1
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 1918-1945. 1
- Great Depression. 1
- Guadalcanal, Battle of, Solomon Islands, 1942-1943 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Guided missiles -- Design and construction. 1
- Handicraft -- Tennessee. 1
- Jefferson City (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 1
- Letters. 1
- Leyte Gulf, Battle of, Philippines, 1944. 1
- Liberty ships. 1
- Memphis Belle (B-17 bomber) 1
- Missionaries -- Africa, Sub-Saharan. 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) 1 ∧ less
- English 262
- German 1
- Japanese 1