Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
This collection houses student records, correspondence, course descriptions, curricula, and other materials documenting the Army Specialized Training Program at the University of Tennessee between 1943 and 1945. Each of the student records are entered on Form No. 831 and show the student's full name, army serial number, home address, date of birth, classes taken, and grades earned.
This collection is a single ration book issued to Brenda Sue Hutchison on May 11, 1945 in Knoxville, Tennessee.
This collection contains two copies of a booklet about the Tennessee Barrage Training Center at Camp Tyson. The booklet includes images of the training center as well as short descriptions about the history of Camp Tyson and barrage balloons.
This collection houses papers documenting Camp Tyson, a military base located near Paris, Tennessee during World War II. It contains photographs, documents, forms, and manuals relating to camp operations.
This collection features resources about the Prisoner of War camps in Crossville and Tullahoma, Tennessee. Including personal narratives, documents, and later recounts and analyses, these materials present information and understanding of these two camps during WWII.
This collection is a printed manuscript for “Tennesseans at War: World War II” written in November 1985 largely by Forrest Shoup. The publication was compiled as an effort by the Education Department of the Tennessee State Museum and was used in conjunction with their traveling exhibits program. As stated in the document's introduction: "Written for educators and their students, this manual will serve to acquaint readers with the contributions of the Volunteer State in World War II."
This collection contains some personal effects of Jasper Blue Friday of Jonesboro, Tenn. Included in the collection are orders instructing Friday to report for duty, documents pertaining to his life insurance policy, photographs, and some miscellaneous writings. Additionally, the collection contains a letter from the Veterans Administration pertaining to a disability claim for the disorder neurasthenia.
This collection includes 10 ration books issued during World War II to Jeanne Alice Barkley, her sister Elizabeth George Barkley, and their mother Blanche Joella Barkley. Also included are four issues of Yank magazine.
This collection houses minutes, plans, reports, correspondence, and publications documenting the Knoxville Community Planning Council's work between 1943 and 1946. The bulk of the material focuses on the Master Planning Committee.
This collection houses ration books issued to the Luttrell, Walling, McClure, Dunwoody, Aucker, Johnston, and Goehring families of Knoxville, Tennessee and to the Bucklew family of West Virginia during World War II. Ration books one through four are represented in addition to ration tokens and wallets to hold these materials.
This collection contains letters both addressed to and written by N. E. Fitzgerald, a professor and Dean at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. The letters are correspondence between N. E. Fitzgerald and former students, then serving in all theatres of operation during World War II. The correspondence dates from 1943 to 1946.
This collection features various documents and special orders, letters, and newspaper articles describing Richard Eckert's service as an Engineer in Oak Ridge, Tennessee during World War II.
- Rationing -- United States -- History. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 3
- World War, 1939-1945. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 2
- Camp Forrest (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Crossville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Henry County (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Oak Ridge (Tenn.) 1
- Paris (Tenn.) -- History 1
- Prisoners of war -- Tennessee -- Crossville. 1
- Tennessee -- Economic policy. 1
- Tennessee -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Tennessee. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 1
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Economic aspects -- Tennessee. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Engineering and construction. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, German. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- United States. 1 ∧ less