Showing Collections: 241 - 260 of 260
This collection includes correspondence, manuscripts, and other documents on Wendell Ralph Lufkin's World War II experience in the European theatre.
Wallace McGee's collection feature multiple comics and news articles from World War II. Also included are cards sent to McGee during his service and illustrated postcards of life in the service.
This collection features a birth announcement created by Walter C. Johnson to announce the arrival of his daughter while he served in World War II.
The Walter Goolsby Collection includes correspondence to family and other officers, newspapers, photographs, and military and veteran documents from the 1940s and the late 1980s.
This collection contains several copies of the "Chandelle," a publication from the Station Hospital in Moody Field, Georgia from 1944 and 1945 regarding its Convalescent Training Program. Also included is a Toastmasters address, a letter from Walter Lassen, and a Station Hospital Booklet.
This collection consists of an address book, correspondence, enlistment and honorable discharge records, photographs, press clippings, and a promotion list from Walter M. Higgs' service in the United States Army Air Force during World War II. Higgs served in the Pacific Theater as part of the 17th Bomber Squadron 27th Bombardment Group and was a POW in Japan.
This collection features a copy of Love, War, and Hate written by Washington M. Davis about his World War II experience.
This collection includes five cloth maps of areas in Asia used during World War II.
This collection consists of William B. Allen's personal World War II materials and includes photographs, press clippings, as well as commemorative materials from his service.
This collection includes publications kept by William Clark about the Fifteenth Air Force (established in 1943 during WWII). The three publications are Fifteenth Air Force “Sorties” from 1985, 1986, and 1988.
This collection features multiple training manuals, dated during the 1940s, used by William E. Austin and fellow soldiers while training for World War II. These manuals include basic training as well as technical and engineering instructions.
This memoir, written in 1996, is William Bobbitt's account of his time fighting in the Pacific Theater during World War II. The manuscript traces his military career from his training with a National Guard Unit in 1941 to his discharge in 1945. During his service, Bobbitt was stationed on many Pacific islands and faced combat in the Philippines.
This collection contains the personal correspondence, memorabilia, and newspaper clippings of William F. Baggerman during his career in the United States Army Air Corps during World War Two. Most of the collection is correspondence between Baggerman and his family, comprised of concerns for family business and the situation at home. The collection spans from early in basic training until the end of the war.
This collection includes a 20-page typescript personal narrative of William Bopp’s experiences in World War II. Written in 1990, Bopp recounts his beginnings and training with the military, his experiences overseas in Europe during the war, through his discharge in 1945 and return home.
Also included is a copy of Bopp’s honorable discharge certificate from 1945, and a copy of the “Company A Newsletter” from September 1991 for which Bopp authored the main text.
These papers document the military training and career of William G. Keen, an Army Air Force lieutenant who served in Europe during and after World War II. The collection includes several years of correspondence, training documents, professional photos, issues of many different magazines and newspapers from his various posts, as well as an assortment of memorabilia saved from service and travel.
This collection includes a memoir and photographs documenting William Bradley’s World War II military service. The memoir, “World War Two – My War,” is a typescript document written between 1989 and 1991 detailing Bradley’s journey to and service in the China Burma India Theater of War with the 151st Medical Battalion. Also included are fifteen photographs from this time; a page of handwritten captions accompanies the images.
A seven-page typed memoir of Arthur C. Avery’s experiences with the 12th Armored Division during World War II. His recollections include his time training and serving overseas, particularly in France.
This collection includes recorded interviews with World War II veterans. In addition to their wartime experiences, veterans are asked about their upbringing, their lives before entering the service, and their attempts to readjust to civilian life after discharge. Information regarding theatre, branch and interviewer have been included when available. Transcripts are available for some interviews.
Photographs from Zack O. Ducksworth's service during World War II. The images largely depict his time in France, showing the landscape, daily life, trenches, and destruction of enemy planes and forces. Portraits are also included.
- United States. Army. 65
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 57
- World War, 1939-1945. 49
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe. 38
- United States. Navy. 29
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Area. 27
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence. 23
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Europe. 23
- United States. Army Air Forces. 22
- United States. Air Force. 21
- United States. Marine Corps. 20
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States. 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Tennessee. 12
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons. 10
- United States. Army. Air Corps. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Photography. 9
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Pacific Ocean. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Periodicals. 8
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Africa, North. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Japan. 7
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Hospitals. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, American. 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women -- United States. 5
- United States. Army Nurse Corps. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Japan. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Maps. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations -- Submarine. 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American. 4
- Correspondence. 3
- Oral history -- United States. 3
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941. 3
- Photographs. 3
- United States. Air Force -- History. 3
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 15th. 3
- United States. Army. Division, 80th. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Asia. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Germany. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Philippines. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Philippines. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Women. 3
- Hiroshima-shi (Japan) -- History -- Bombardment, 1945. 2
- Iwo Jima, Battle of, Japan, 1945. 2
- Knoxville (Tenn.) -- History. 2
- Korean War, 1950-1953. 2
- Prisoners of war 2
- Prisoners of war -- Germany. 2
- United States. Army. Armored Division, 8th. 2
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- Alumni and alumnae. 2
- V-mail. 2
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Burma. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- France -- Normandy. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Casualties -- United States. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care -- Great Britain. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, African American. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, German. 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons, Japanese. 2
- Agricultural education. 1
- Air pilots, Military -- United States. 1
- Airlift, Military -- United States. 1
- Anzio Beachhead, 1944. 1
- Ardennes, Battle of the, 1944-1945. 1
- Arnhem, Battle of, Arnhem, Netherlands, 1944. 1
- Atomic bomb -- Japan -- Hiroshima-shi. 1
- Atomic bomb -- United States -- History. 1
- Baptists -- Missions -- Africa. 1
- Camp Crowder (Mo.) 1
- Cerignola (Italy). 1
- Dollmakers -- United States. 1
- Ecuador -- Aerial photographs. 1
- Ecuador. 1
- Education, Higher -- Tennessee. 1
- Enterprise (Aircraft carrier : CV-6). 1
- France -- Social life and customs -- 20th century. 1
- Gardening 1
- Germany -- History -- 1945-1955. 1
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 1918-1945. 1
- Great Depression. 1
- Guadalcanal, Battle of, Solomon Islands, 1942-1943 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Guided missiles -- Design and construction. 1
- Handicraft -- Tennessee. 1
- Jefferson City (Tenn.) -- History. 1
- Lawyers -- Tennessee. 1
- Letters. 1
- Leyte Gulf, Battle of, Philippines, 1944. 1
- Louisiana -- History. 1
- Memphis Belle (B-17 bomber) 1
- Missionaries -- Africa, Sub-Saharan. 1
- Morgan County (Tenn.) 1
- Nagasaki-shi (Japan) -- History -- Bombardment, 1945. 1
- New York (N.Y.) -- Aerial views. 1
- Nuclear facilities -- United States. 1
- Oak Ridge (Tenn.) 1 ∧ less
- English 258
- German 1
- Japanese 1