University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History.
Found in 86 Collections and/or Records:
This collection houses publications, minutes, notes, directories, memorabilia, and other materials documenting the University of Tennessee's Alumni Association.
This collection consists primarily of lists of the University of Tennessee's graduated classes from 1871 to 1936. Most of the lists are divided by college and many include the graduates' last known addresses as of the 1940s. Also included is correspondence from University Deans and professors dating from 1915 and 1917 respectively.
This act, formally approved on March 11, 1879, changed the name of East Tennessee University to The University of Tennessee.
This collection houses publications, drafts, official papers, correspondence, photographs, newspaper clippings, and other materials documenting Andrew Holt's military service, tenure as President of the National Education Association, and term as President of the University of Tennessee. Issues Holt dealt with at U.T. include academic freedom, athletics, integration, U.T. Martin, student life, and finances.
The University of Tennessee earned this diploma at the Appalachian Exposition for the Best Exhibit of Higher Industrial Education.
This collection houses student records, correspondence, course descriptions, curricula, and other materials documenting the Army Specialized Training Program at the University of Tennessee between 1943 and 1945. Each of the student records are entered on Form No. 831 and show the student's full name, army serial number, home address, date of birth, classes taken, and grades earned.
This collection houses photographs, photograph albums, correspondence, diplomas, newspaper clippings, and published works documenting Bernadotte E. Schmitt's family, time at the University of Tennessee, participation in the Rhodes Scholarship Program, and later career.
These nine scrapbooks contain newspaper clippings, photographs, and other materials documenting the University of Tennessee's Department of Botany, including Botany Club activities.
This collection consists primarily of correspondence regarding Rhodes Scholarships created while Ayres was the Chairman of the Committee for Tennessee Rhodes Scholars. Also included are materials documenting Professor A. A. Schaeffer's alleged teaching of a double moral standard for men and women, a book of telegrams, and other papers.
This collection houses approximately 16,500 bills, orders, receipts, and contracts documenting the University of Tennessee between 1893 and 1912. Among the subjects represented are the University Boarding Club (1897-1900), Knoxville College (1897-1898), and the Library (1893-1910). Also included are contracts made between the University and various fraternities for boarding in the fraternity houses.
This collection houses records compiled by the Business Manager and Secretary to the University of Tennessee's Board of Trustees between 1950 and 1964. Researchers should consult the collection's index for further details.
This collection houses records compiled by the Business Manager and Secretary to the University of Tennessee's Board of Trustees between 1932 and 1952. Researchers should consult the collection's index for further details.
This collection consists primarily of contracts made between the University of Tennessee and such organizations as the V. L. Nicholson Construction Company, the U.S. Government, and the Tennessee Valley Authority. These documents are arranged alphabetically by company. Also included are bonds and leases (arranged alphabetically by company) and campus building specifications (arranged alphabetically by building).
This collection consists primarily of letters to and from Charles Wylie, including invitations to speak or write, requests for information about the department or the field of dairying, Wylie's attempt to secure a foreign appointment, and department business. Also included is information about the field of dairying, requirements for publications, reports, statistics, and other materials.
This collection houses a variety of artifacts and memorabilia showing East Tennessee and the University of Tennessee, including uniform buttons, commemorative coins, U.T. souvenirs, flags, and other materials.