University of Tennessee, Knoxville -- History.
Found in 86 Collections and/or Records:
This collection houses annual reports created by the College of Liberal Arts and its subsidiary departments.
Daughters of the American Colonists Clipping, Typescript, and Photograph Regarding the Presentation of a Memorial Tree
This collection houses a typescript of a speech, a newspaper clipping, and a photograph documenting the Daughters of the American Colonists' presentation of a memorial red oak tree to the University of Tennessee to commemorate those who died in World War II. The tree was planted at the entrance to the University's Farm and was intended to be the first of an avenue of memorial trees.
This collection houses records documenting the University of Tennessee's Department of History from 1938 to 1987.
This collection houses memoranda, reports, minutes, agendas, reports, membership information, resolutions, by-laws, and other materials documenting the University of Tennessee's Faculty Senate activities dating from 1936 to the present.
This collection houses reports, minutes, membership information, resolutions, by-laws, and other materials documenting the activities of the University of Tennessee's Faculty Senate between 1947 and 1991.
This collection houses notebooks, minutes, agendas, reports, and other materials documenting the Faculty Senate Research Council's work between 1973 and 1990.
This embossed scrapbook, filled with heartfelt letters from colleagues and former students, was assembled by Edith Jones and Geri Piper to celebrate Florence MacLeod's retirement from the University of Tennessee on September 1, 1962. In addition to 58 letters, it includes items from her retirement party and other mementos from that year.
The Freshman Caps Collection includes two University of Tennessee freshman caps from the year of 1947.
This collection contains materials collected from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville's world record event that took place on March 29, 2017 in Neyland Stadium. The Guinness World Record for the Largest Human Letter consisted of 4,223 people wearing orange and forming a large letter T that spanned 190 feet by 190 feet.
The History Department Records contains records from the University of Tennessee's Department of History, dating between 1934-1980. The collection covers when the history department was part of the Department of History and Political Science, when it split into a single department in 1941, and became formally established as the Department of History in 1946.
This collection contains records from the University of Tennessee's Department of History, dating 1966-1979.
The historic Hopecote house, built in 1924, was renovated by The University of Tennessee in 1976 as an honorable guest home. Hopecote was added to the National Registry of Historic Places in 2012. This collection includes scrapbooks, a guest book, pamphlets, photographs, newspaper clippings, and letters.
Horace Maynard submitted this inquiry about a number of university governance issues to the University of Tennessee's Board of Trustees in 1882. The Board wrote its replies directly on the document.
The J. Wade Gilley collections contains the papers from his time as the president of the University of Tennessee from 1999-2001. It contains reading files, newspaper clippings, memos and correspondence related to his inauguration, time as president adnd resignation. as well as administrative papers and correspondence from during his presidency, and newspaper clippings and an audio tape interview related to his resignation.
The John Sheridan Collection consists of University of Tennessee bicentennial and other university development and personal media belonging to former UT Medical Center administrator John Sheridan.
This collection consists primarily of materials created and acquired by Joseph E. Johnson while he was serving as Executive Assistant to the President of the University of Tennessee. Other items document Johnson's work as Vice President for Development, Chancellor at Memphis and Vice President for Development, and Executive Vice President and Vice President for Development.
Joseph Estabrook wrote this letter to his cousin, Colonel John Wood, on December 25, 1835 from Knoxville, Tennessee. In it, he describes his wife’s continuously declining health and inquires, at length, about many members of his extended family. He also discusses his position as president of East Tennessee College, writing fondly of the college on the hill and comparing it to Amherst and Yale.
This collection houses files that Judy Flanagan created during her tenure as Director of Special Occasions at the University of Tennessee (1990-1999).