Tennessee -- Commerce.
Found in 35 Collections and/or Records:
This collection houses a ledger kept by Auguste J. Truan of Greeneville, Tennessee documenting purchases and other transactions that took place between 1876 and 1879.
This collection houses a ledger and address book kept by Auguste J. Truan of Greeneville, Tennessee documenting transactions that took place between 1911 and 1913.
This collection consists of two leather-bound ledgers kept by A. J. Truan, of Spring Place (Knox County), Tennessee, documenting transactions taking place between 1880 and 1886.
Written entirely in German, this 266-page account book contains the records of an unidentified merchant operating in Wartburg, Tennessee.
A collection of ledgers, deeds, receipts, correspondence, and more related to Andrew Knott and the Knott family.
This collection houses ledgers and address books kept by Auguste J. Truan of Greeneville, Tennessee documenting purchases and other transactions that took place between 1876-1886 and 1911-1913.
This collection houses six volumes of invoices and records of sales documenting the Daniel Briscoe Company's activities between 1909 and 1928.
This collection houses 29 letters written to Tennessee businessman and politician David Burford between 1820 and 1860.
This collection contains a day book dated 1897 for the E. E. Ogle Store of Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
This collection is comprised of two letters spanning August 26 to August 31, 1847, composed by “Freeman” and addressed to “Ruthey.”
Henry Ault printed these solicitation letters to inform potential customers of his Grocery & Commission business on Gay Street. He specifically mentions constant and ample supplies of coffee and sugar before describing his warehouses and his consignment procedures. He closes by reminding his recipients of his long experience. This letter has been folded and mailed to Joseph Johnson Esq., a merchant in Madisonville, Tennessee.
This collection consists of four ledgers from Henry County, Tennessee. One is from a Fancy and Dry Goods establishment, apparently run by Maxwell and Dinwiddie; one is from a blacksmith; one is from a cobbler named E. A. Goldsby; and one is a personal cash book for William M. Maxwell. All of the ledgers are handwritten and include itemized lists with prices, crossed out accounts, and occasional doodling.
Henry Van Pelt wrote this letter to Franklin merchant W. Thomas Park to ask his help in starting a new career. He tells Park that he wants to better his family's situation, which was degraded by his alcoholism, but has so far been unable to secure a position that would allow him to do so. Van Pelt goes on to lament the pain that he has caused his family, expound upon the evils of drink, and detail his qualifications as a pumpmaker and as a printer.
This collection contains an account book for Hurricane Iron & Mining Company from 1840.
In a bill of sale dated April 16, 1791, John Shaw, on behalf of Stuart J. Barn, notes the sale of tobacco for the account of James Aiken on April 29, 1790. In addition to the amount earned for the sale, the bill also lists other charges, such as freight, storage, and weighing.
This collection houses financial papers, correspondence, land grants, and other materials documenting the Lenoir family of East Tennessee and North Carolina. These items describe the family's involvement with land in North Carolina and Tennessee, slavery, manufacturing, and the Confederate States of America.
This collection houses 84 volumes documenting the activities of the Lenoir Manufacturing Company between 1873 and 1898.
This collection consists of one leather-bound ledger kept by Luttrell Boyce of Washington and Knox Counties, Tennessee, documenting purchases and other transactions that occurred between 1873 and 1878.
This collection houses six volumes of incorporation papers, stock certificates, meeting minutes, purchase records, and sales records documenting the activities of the M. M. Newcomer Company between 1907 and 1926.
This collection houses 31 volumes of counter books and ledgers documenting the activities of the firm of M. Whited & Son between 1892 and 1904.