Land tenure -- Tennessee.
Found in 22 Collections and/or Records:
This collection houses legal documents, correspondence, and other materials documenting A. H. Hubbs' efforts to purchase land in Tennessee and establish the Tennessee Phosphate Rock Co.
In this deposition, Abraham Swaggerty testifies that he helped to survey 675 acres of land that the State of North Carolina granted to Robert Reed in 1787. This tract was included in a parcel of which James Corbus and William Murphy disputed ownership.
This indenture, made on December 5, 1822 and proven in January 1825, divides a 5,000 acre tract of land in Shelby County, Tennessee, between John Overton, James Winchester, Andrew Jackson, William Winchester, and George Winchester.
This collection houses photocopies of deeds and other documents showing land transfers and recording land owned by the Little River Company and the Appalachian Club in Elkmont, Tennessee. The bulk of the collection consists of land transfer deeds dating from 1881 to 1929.
This collection contains marriage bonds, land deeds, and other legal documents of Rhea County, Tennessee, dating from 1785 to 1893.
In a letter dated August 16th, 1820, Gideon Morgan writes to John C. Calhoun regarding the lands he obtained in 1819 around the Citico Creek area of Tennessee.
J. Colghborn wrote this letter to Thomas Hickman of Nashville, Tennessee after he returned from a sales trip in order to finalize a land contract between the two men.
This collection includes a ledger dated 1911 for J. R. Payne Real Estate as inscribed on the first page. The book includes information about sales, rentals, and clients of the East Tennessee-based company. Also included are some loose materials including notes, correspondence dating between 1912-1918, and company letterhead for "J. H. Payne, Farms Any Size in Any Part of East Tennessee, Timber, Mineral and Grazing Lands."
A survey of land in Lawrence County, Tennessee, by James Sheppard in 1843.
James T. Shields wrote this letter on behalf of General Robert Kyle, who was then ill. In it, he asks his correspondent to purchase and execute a prosecution bond on Kyle's surety.
This document, signed by Andrew Jackson, grants a tract of land to Isaac N. Thompson and Edward Williams in recognition of David Williams' military service. The tract consists of 384 1/4 acres northwest of the Ohio River.
This collection houses land deeds, correspondence, indentures, other legal documents, and photographs documenting four generations of the Mitchell family in Washington County, Tennessee.
This collection consists primarily of correspondence between Thomas Roberts and several members of his family dating from 1842 to 1913. Also included are genealogical records (including handwritten narratives and lists of births, deaths, and marriages), military papers, land records (documenting holdings in Tennessee, Kentucky, and Texas), sermons and religious reflections, and a scrapbook.
Colletion consists of an original document confirming the sale of land from the state of Georgia to the Tennessee Company, owned by Zachariah Cox and Matthias Maber. The item was signed on January 24th, 1795. It specifies the amount of land and its boundaries, marking starting and ending areas with waterways like Bear Creek and the Tennessee River.
Collection consists of an original document confirming the sale of land from the state of Georgia to the Tennessee Company, owned by Zachariah Cox and Matthias Maber. The item was signed on January 24, 1795. It specifies the amount of land and its boundaries, marking starting and ending areas with waterways like the Tennessee River and uses latitude and longitude.
This collection contains one letter, dated January 12, 1816, from Thomas D. Brantingham to John Sanders, both of New York. Brantingham discusses property he has for sale, including land in Tennessee warranted by John Sevier.
This collection houses land deeds, genealogical notes, and other papers documenting Thomas Hopkins (1764-1836) and his family in Tennessee.
This collection includes a land indenture dated March 24, 1824 signed by William Polk.